Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Live Camera Stream On Website

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 deanpcmad

deanpcmad

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:25 PM

Posted 02 January 2008 - 06:21 AM

Hey,

How can I put a Live Camera Stream on a Website?

We want to mount the Camera on our Van and set it up so people can see it on our website. How can we do this? Do we need a laptop in the van for it to work?

Thanks
deanpcmad

deanpcmad

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 AM

Posted 02 January 2008 - 02:14 PM

You are going to need some way to broadcast it back to your server; I wouldn't know much about that, but I would guess that sort of equipment is probably pretty spendy. Even if you had a lap-top inside the van, then what? It has to get from the laptop to the server somehow. Do you have satellite service for Internet?

#3 Noot

Noot

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 AM

Posted 03 January 2008 - 11:44 AM

Hey deanpcmad!

You're going to need a piece of software that will take your cam and put it online. I did a quick search and found a program by Cambrosia, which you can try for 30 days to see if it is something you'd be interested in; it's the Station Transmitter. There is also EZCast by Webcam 1-2-3, which also has a free trial.

You can also do it with Windows Media Coder, with a How-To using this site.

I also found a site that is similar to YouTube, but with live video. It's called Ustream.tv, which might or might not be something you are interested in, but it looked interesting and thought it might be something you'd want to look into.

I hope this helps and good luck! :thumbsup:
Posted Image

"I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving
that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority."
E. B. White (1899 - 1985)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users