Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Spuninst?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nabilzki

nabilzki

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:52 PM

Posted 02 January 2008 - 03:29 AM

hey im new rnd here, iv noticed under my computer, windows, that ther are like 100 files called.
- $NtUninstallKB890046$
- $NtUninstallKB901017$
etc

thers also one called
- $hf_mig$

and
- $NtServicePackUninstall$

under all of these files ther is stuff in ther called 'spuninst', i dnt av a clue wat they are and why ther is so many, all of these files besides '$hf_mig$' are hidden files.

any help wld be awesome since i av totally confused about wat they are, i do know some stuff with computers, but yeah not everythn.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,571 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:52 PM

Posted 02 January 2008 - 04:09 AM

These are the uninstall routines for the various service packs and or hotfixes that you have installed on your computer. If you do not think you are ever going to uninstall these service packs and or hotfixes you can delete the uninstall routines, but personally I leave them alone.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 nabilzki

nabilzki
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:52 PM

Posted 02 January 2008 - 04:14 AM

oh ok, i thought it was weird becoz ther was soo many of them, so it doesnt matter that ther is 100 of them, i think i will just leave it as it is

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,571 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:52 PM

Posted 02 January 2008 - 05:54 AM

I think that 100 is around the right number.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users