Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Emachine Dvd/cd Driver Windows Vista

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 autreyapril

autreyapril

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 AM

Posted 02 January 2008 - 02:40 AM

Hello. I have a dvd/cd problem. All was working just fine then i got on computer after kids and now i can not burn or read dvds or cds. When i try to burn cd it has connect a burner and restart windows media player. I even went to my computer and it doesnt even show d: for me to load a cd. What can I do to fix this, I dont know anything about computers (well how to surf lol) I dont know if kids did something or if it may have been me just know it did work and now its not. Any help would be wonderful. Thanks for yalls time.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 autreyapril

autreyapril
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2008 - 03:24 PM

:thumbsup: hello again. Today i done a update check and says all is up to date but there is a yellow triangle with a ! on: HL-DT-ST-DVD-RW SSA-H11N ATA Device, 6TO4 Adapter, isatap.{403DE9A8-FCEC-41BD-9D8A-2EB65472C478}, and isatap.{489506EA-3EBC-4C8C-9235-6378249B21C4} (has this one twice). Also have one more question on my computer it has eMachine recovery center and it has the option of doing a factory system recovery if i do this will it fix the problem and will it still have the main programs on it like windows vista. I really dont want to lose what programs i do have but they can always be reloaded as long as i still able to get on computer and have vista. I just dont know what to do to get back my cd and dvd reading and writing. thanks

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,830 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 AM

Posted 02 January 2008 - 04:43 PM

Go to Device Manager...Start/Run...type devmgmt.msc and hit OK...uninstall anything listed under the CD/DVD drive section. Reboot and XP should automatically install those drives.

Louis

#4 autreyapril

autreyapril
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2008 - 05:46 PM

Hello I tried the going to device manager and deleted all under the dvd/cd-rom drivers and it didnt fix. I still have the HL-DT-ST-DVD-RW GSA-H11N ATA Decive with the yellow triangle ! on it...any other ideas with what i might can do to fix this and thank you for your response.

#5 autreyapril

autreyapril
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2008 - 01:36 AM

Just wanted to say thanks to all for reading my post and thanks Louis for the help. I searched all day and finally found way to fix my computer so i now have my dvd/cd drive back yahoooo. :thumbsup:

#6 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,034 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2008 - 05:53 AM

How did you fix the problem? :thumbsup:

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#7 autreyapril

autreyapril
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2008 - 01:28 PM

Well i went to start and typed in run then REGEDIT. Click on the plus signs (+) next to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE then plus sign by SYSTEM then plus sign by CurrentControlSet then plus sign by control then the plus sign by class then clicked on the folder {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} then if there is any: UpperFilters, LowerFilters, UpperFilters.bak, or LowerFilters.bak right click them and delete. Close and reboot computer. First time I did this it didnt work so me myself i went back and redid it and it worked. I now i a dvd/cd deal in my computer and can burn and read again.

#8 xXAlphaXx

xXAlphaXx

• Members
  • 867 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 AM

Posted 03 January 2008 - 01:44 PM

Wow,

If you really don't know much about computers, congrats on a successful registry edit.

If you messed it up you could have fried everything! :thumbsup:

Edited by xXAlphaXx, 03 January 2008 - 01:44 PM.

If I am helping you and I do not respond within 24 hours, please send me a PM. :)

#9 autreyapril

autreyapril
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2008 - 01:58 PM

:thumbsup: wow didnt know that. Then i am glad it work and i didnt fry puter. So in other words registry is something I really shouldnt mess in? Well a friend gave me the info on how to do it and said it was piece of cake lol. Thanks for info tho cause I really didnt know what i did could have messed computer up.

#10 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,830 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 AM

Posted 03 January 2008 - 02:14 PM

Nice job and thanks for the feedback :thumbsup:.

Looks like one of Chewy's favorite remedies, IIRC.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060/EN-US/

Louis

#11 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,034 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2008 - 03:34 PM

There are allot of entries in the registry if deleted can at the least stop your from logging into windows (Userinit.exe) and at worst render your operating system as wasted space on your hard drive (forcing a repair install). Congratulations on a successful edit my first one killed the operating system :thumbsup: . Always remember to save a copy of your registry or at the least write down what your deleting so if it doesn't work you can use a program like Bart PE to restore what you deleted. Thanks for posting your solution. If someone in the future has the same problem they can search our forums and find out how you fixed it :flowers:

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users