Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Kubuntu Problem Configuring Internet And Mail

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 foxito

foxito

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:35 PM

Posted 01 January 2008 - 10:58 PM

Hi all, I'm new to Linux and just recently I installed Kubuntu to dual boot with windows HP Home. In searching the forums I was unable to locate an answer to my configuration problems, I apologize if this question was answered before.
My dual booting works ok, so I can boot to Kubuntu or windows with no problem, I tried to configured internet access and a mail account in Kobuntu but something I'm doing wrong because I cannot find the page that asks to input my IP address and other info to config your modem. I'll appreciate very much any information on how to do it step by step, if possible be specific on the instructions (I'm not familiar at all with the OS)
My internet provider is Brighthouse and I connect to the web with a cable modem (Toshiba DAZ8823A) in a broadband connection. The modem connects to the PC with a USB cable, I don't have ethernet connection.
Thanks for any help you can provide me.
JF

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 wenasoga

wenasoga

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 PM

Posted 27 February 2008 - 09:49 PM

It is very difficult to get Linux to recognize a usb modem. Your best bet is to add an ethernet card and use that type of connection.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users