Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unsuported Device

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Blase

Blase

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 AM

Posted 01 March 2005 - 05:33 AM

Hi Everyone, Did a clean install of xp home on a dell 8100 Demension PC and have a Unknown Device showing up in Device Manager(Listing it as a Unsupported Device). All SEEN Hardware is acounted for. Does anyone know what this could be?Could it be a motherboard Driver? How can i figure out what this device is ?

Thanks,Blase

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,717 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2005 - 12:20 PM

It could be..does anything in the properties show anyting?

#3 Blase

Blase
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2005 - 08:23 PM

Hi, no it does not show any reference to any certain hardware. The Dell mobo has a "IC" componnent directly under the cpu! Dell offers no support for this board as to be able to identify this piece of hardware and its purpose! This maybe the componnent that is needing the drivers. tryed to run a search on this part with its numbers but didnt get much help other than it is a delta "IC".Do you no what this is?

Thanks Blase

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,717 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2005 - 12:36 AM

No idea what it could be unfortunately.

#5 Xorealix

Xorealix

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2005 - 08:17 PM

Hello,
This had driven me crazy for a long time, until I stumbled upon this page from Microsoft. It turns out that it's the useless E-Support button on the front of your 8100. I popped open the case to see if there was something I could unplug, but it looks like it's connected through the same cable as the power button.
You can either install the driver for it (most likely on the drivers CD that came with your Dell) or try to cut some of the wires (risky) to disable it.

Hope that info helps. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users