Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Slow Ms Office Apps After Hp Deskjet 4160 Installation

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 RickT

RickT

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 PM

Posted 01 January 2008 - 06:03 PM

Yesterday I installed an HP Deskjet D1460 printer and its software from the installation CD. Since then, Excel and Word both take an unusually long time to load, say 15-20 seconds. I have an HP Pavilion Desktop PC, and am running Windows XP and have been keeping current on Windows updates.

The TruCrypt encryption application is also slow to mount.

I've uninstalled the HP drivers associated with the Photoshop and image, but haven't touch the other HP drivers. Has anyone else seen this issue? How would you suggest I handle this?

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dippncope

dippncope

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 PM

Posted 26 August 2009 - 01:01 PM

I had issues with HP drivers at work slowing all of my users office apps to the point that it would take 1-20 minutes to open a single page document. I ended up changing all of the drivers to use HP Universal Print Driver for Windows - PCL 5 after that everything was OK. took me an entire month to troubleshoot
I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
Edgar Allan Poe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users