Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Does anyone know how to delete...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 BlueFury

BlueFury

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:18 AM

Posted 01 March 2005 - 12:52 AM

Does anyone know how to delete those programs in the Add/Remove Programs list after those programs were manually deleted instead of using Add/Remove? (I am running XP on SP2)

I was cleaning up my computer one time and I deleted programs that I had just put on my computer because I thought they were cool to have on my computer at the time. I've since learned how to better maintain my computer the right way and whenever I now use Add/Remove to uninstall programs from my computer, those programs that I manually deleted are still on the list no matter what I do.

I would normally think that programs that have a .dll in the registry have to be uninstalled with Add/Remove, but the programs that I manually deleted were stand-alone kind of programs that didn't need to integate itself into Windows as much.

I'm thinking that I somehow have to get a hold of the installation disks for those programs (most were borrowed) and install them, then uninstalling them from Add/Remove to get those programs off the Add/Remove list. It'd be cool if I knew of a hack that didn't require me doing that (the space from additional small files that Add/Remove may remove are neglible - I just want those programs off the list).

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 stidyup

stidyup

• Members
  • 641 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:18 AM

Posted 01 March 2005 - 03:42 AM

CCleaner can remove these items from the Add/Remove panel.

Download Here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users