Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Digital Camera

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 wildchild1162

wildchild1162

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 PM

Posted 01 March 2005 - 12:13 AM

Hello all, I am looking for help with my son's digital camera. It was working fine up until yesterday and now I am getting this message when I go to download photos:MYDSC2 caused an invalid page fault in
module KERNEL32.DLL at 017f:bff9db61.
Registers:
EAX=c00309c4 CS=017f EIP=bff9db61 EFLGS=00010202
EBX=00000000 SS=0187 ESP=0421fe80 EBP=0422011c
ECX=00000000 DS=0187 ESI=060e0f80 FS=1a4f
EDX=00455fa0 ES=0187 EDI=0044ad40 GS=0000
Bytes at CS:EIP:
53 8b 15 e4 9c fc bf 56 89 4d e4 57 89 4d dc 89
Stack dump:

I have uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail!! Any suggestions? Thank you!
Wildchild

Tomorrow is a gift not a promise, so ride, live, love, laugh, and dance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TexasAngel67

TexasAngel67

Bleeping Helper

• Members
  • 1,551 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2005 - 12:16 AM

What OS are you running? I'd use System Restore.
Whatever happened, it will undo and everything will
run properly again.
System Restore is on Win98 and WinME systems.

#3 wildchild1162

wildchild1162
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2005 - 12:26 AM

Hi Texas Angel I am using windows98Se and I can't find a system restore? :thumbsup:
Wildchild

#4 TexasAngel67

TexasAngel67

Bleeping Helper

• Members
  • 1,551 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2005 - 12:31 AM

If you have it, you'll find it under
Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore.

If not, I'll do some research.

#5 wildchild1162

wildchild1162
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2005 - 12:42 AM

Hi again TexasAngel, no there is no system restore there? I just uninstalled and reinstalled the darn thing again and am still getting the same error. I'm at a total loss here. Thank you for your help.
Wildchild

#6 TexasAngel67

TexasAngel67

Bleeping Helper

• Members
  • 1,551 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2005 - 01:07 AM

Okay, that's fine, just an easy fix but we can research and see what our other options are.

When you uninstalled, did you make 100% sure that it was allremoved before you reinstalled? There could be a conflict with dual files or if you deleted a file or program that shared a component with your camera, that could give you a small headache as well.

Upon researching, here's what I found...
Running a search on MYDSC2 only found this which doesn't really apply, I don't think.

You can read about Kernel32.dll and errors here. This is a great place to start. Find the link or links that apply to your case and click them for more information. Surely one of those will fix your error.

Please post back with any results. You could try one more time to uninstall. And remove it from Add/Remove Programs. Double check for any remnants by doing a Start>Search>Files and Folders and type in your camera brand. Limit your search to a single word so you aren't bombarded with hits that don't apply. Try the camera brand - and I'm hoping it's the only thing you have with that brand name.
Or try the model name/number.

Hope something works but let me know and we'll keep trying.
Off to bed I go I'm afraid. I'll check this first thing tomorrow though.

~67~

#7 wildchild1162

wildchild1162
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2005 - 01:47 AM

Nothing I do helps! Darn computers anyway, thanx for your help TexasAngel, hopefully I will "talk" with you in the am. Goodnight.
Wildchild

#8 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 PM

Posted 01 March 2005 - 02:13 PM

Hi wildchild1162

System Restore uses a more basic function in 98se tham in ME. In 98 you need to go into a Dos Environment and use the scanreg command. Its actually a lot easier than it sounds. Have a look at this for some instructions.

Post back if you have any more questions.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#9 wildchild1162

wildchild1162
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2005 - 03:03 PM

Hi Leurgy, each time I start in MSDOS I get a blank screen, errrrr darn technology! Thank you for your help. I can't imagine what happened it was working fine a few days ago, but I did run a system file checker and it did something but I don't know what, could that have contributed to the problem :thumbsup: ? Again thank you
Wildchild

#10 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2005 - 03:18 PM

Yes. If system file checker replaced a .dll file used by your camera program it could be the wrong version now. Try to uninstall the camera program, reboot, do a Find files or folders search in your C: drive for MYDSC2 and if found delete the entire folder. Then reinstall the camera program.

To get to scanreg you can use a boot disk and at A:\> type the following pressing enter after each line.

A:\>C:
C:\>cd windows
C:\windows>cd command
C:\windows\command>scanreg /restore

This will bring up a list of 5 registry backups. Pick one dated before the the first day you encountered this error. Reboot without the floppy.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#11 wildchild1162

wildchild1162
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2005 - 07:13 PM

Hi Leurgy, bigger problems now, should have just thrown the camera out. My son read the directions I wrote down and he stuck some old floppy into the A: drive and now I can only start my puter in safe mode. I have no idea what the heck he did. I keep trying to start it in normal mode and it just won't let me. Even in safe mode though I can get on the internet although it looks a little strange. Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated, we have a foot of snow here and the snow bank outside my window is looking pretty good for this computer :thumbsup:
Wildchild

#12 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2005 - 07:25 PM

If you can access the internet in Safe Mode you are breaking new ground with 98. Never heard of that before. After it boots does it say safe mode in all 4 corners of the screen?

If not you have somehow changed your screen resolution. Minimize all open windows, right click on the desktop and click properties. Under the settings tab look at Screen area. 640 X 480 will look like safe mode. Move the slider to 800 X 600 and try that. I like to use 1024 X 768 and 24 bit true color. That may cause the everything to be too small for some people though.

#13 wildchild1162

wildchild1162
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2005 - 07:43 PM

Wow what an idiot I feel like! And here I am trying to figure out how the heck I got on the internet under safe mode. Never thought to change the resolution. Thank you very much I don't know what I would do without you guys here at bleeping computer!! :thumbsup:
Wildchild

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users