Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell Cooling Problems....

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Dustket

Dustket

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 AM

Posted 01 January 2008 - 04:43 AM

I own a Dell Dimension 8400 with a Pentium 4 3.0ghz processor. 775 socket i think it is. my problem is anytime i use a program my cpu's fan blows hard...very hard. It almost sounds like a jet. from what ive found out on the dell forums is that the heatsink dell first used was defective. Well my comp is old and not under warrenty. I talked it over with a guy at work and he said i should try some silver thermal compound. I did and the fan blows insanely loud still.I contacted dell and they treated my like a moron so im done with them. Heres my question. Do any of you guys know of a heatsink or heatsink/fan combo that would fit my dell without having to pull out my motherboard. I ask cause I Dell not being very Mod friendly.
Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,612 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:15 AM

Posted 01 January 2008 - 05:14 AM

Hi Dustket and welcome to BleepingComputer.

There are after market fans that you could replace yours with, but they are rather pricey. You can see some of them here.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Dustket

Dustket
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 AM

Posted 01 January 2008 - 06:01 AM

Yeah i know there are a ton of "aftermarket" cpu fan heatsinks out there.but what im asking is has anyone used another heatsink that will just snap onto the Dell's motherboard with dell clips. That way i wont have to pull out the motherboard. I know ia little about computers but not as far as pulling the mobo out. I certianly dont want to have to drill my mobo like some have said they had to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users