Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Slow Web Page Loading

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 drnoyes

drnoyes

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 PM

Posted 31 December 2007 - 08:59 PM

In the past couple weeks, I've struggled with my browser in terms of loading up web pages. I checked with my ISP and they said everything looks fine on their end.

I've done the following to try to fix the situation:
Updated my Mcafee package (spyware, viruses) and scanned in safe mode, defragged, cleaned out: temp files, cookies, history, recycled bin; changed my browser to safari, run a registry cure program, and adjusted my resolution and color to minimal settings.

I recently inputed a graphics card, not sure if this would have anything to do with the problem.

Thank you in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Crizz44

Crizz44

• Members
  • 496 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2007 - 10:09 PM

Have you cleaned your internet buildup.
Download Ccleaner, its easy and cleans in two easy steps. The download is off to the right at the top of the green box.
Click on Download Latest Version. After you install you just hit Analyze and when its done Run Cleaner
It may take a while to run if you haven't been cleaning your files. This will empty your Recycle bin also, so be sure you want that emptied.

http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/

Also,
Do you have your Phishing Filter turned on? You may want to test it while it is turned off and see if there is a difference.
I have noticed that it has slowed a few people down quite a bit.
Open IE, go to the Tools option in the far right, bottom toolbar. Put your mouse over Phishing filter and see if it says to Turn it off or on. It it says Off then you know it is on, you can select to turn it off and see if this is your problem.
If it isn't, you can go back and turn it on again.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,550 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 AM

Posted 31 December 2007 - 10:11 PM

Reference material: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/ie6/us...clearcache.mspx

Louis

#4 Crizz44

Crizz44

• Members
  • 496 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2007 - 10:51 PM

If those don't help, quietman7 has a great link that may help you

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/87058/slow-computerbrowser-check-here-first;-it-may-not-be-malware/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users