Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virus Id

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 compunerd

compunerd

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 AM

Posted 31 December 2007 - 03:37 PM

Hi,

Is anyone familiar with this virus? "JS/Snz.A" (W/O quotes). What does it do?

How do I get rid of it? I have Verizon Online Security Suite.

Thanx

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Tomo2

Tomo2

• Members
  • 402 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:24 AM

Posted 31 December 2007 - 05:58 PM

Apparently this is a fake virus... Never heard of it - not sure what to make of it. :thumbsup:

L&P, World Famous in New Zealand since ages ago!
Posted Image
Avast! Antivirus : Spybot S&D : Trend Micro Housecall : Hosts file : HiJack This
Don't be too open minded - your brains will fall out

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,112 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 AM

Posted 01 January 2008 - 12:05 AM

Can you provide a specific file name associated with this malware threat and if so, where is it located (full file path) at on your system?
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#4 compunerd

compunerd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 AM

Posted 02 January 2008 - 10:28 PM

Sorry Quietman7 I can't. It came up as a warning from the Antivirus in Verizon Security as 2 attempts; 1st attempt, deleted. 2nd attempt, infected. Nothing seems to be wrong, so far except that I've been getting these Update Notices supposedly from Verizon that my Antivirus needs to be upgraded which I think is bogus because I went to the Verizon website and everything seems to be in order.

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,112 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 AM

Posted 02 January 2008 - 11:08 PM

You can always get a second opinion by performing at least one of these online Virus scans:
(The following require Internet Explorer to work. Watch the Address bar in IE. You may receive alerts that "This site might require the following ActiveX control...Click here to install...". Click on that alert and then Click Install ActiveX component. If given the option, choose "Quarantine" instead of delete.)
BitDefender Online Scanner <- Add a check by "Autoclean" and choose the option to "Quarantine".
ESET Nod32 Online Scanner <- Vista compatible but Internet Explorer must be Run as Administrator.
F-Secure Online Scanner. <- Follow the directions on the F-Secure page for proper Installation. (also checks for rootkits) (Vista compatible)
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users