Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Accessing Dvr From Another Location

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 8100 Power

8100 Power

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 AM

Posted 31 December 2007 - 12:29 PM

Ok. My business has a Camera System with a DVR that is connected to a network. I can access it from a Diffrent computer on the business network. But, how can i do that from say, My house?

I host my own website also. Is this possible to route it though there for a connection?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 AM

Posted 31 December 2007 - 01:08 PM

Well you can actually forward the port on the router at your business so that the cameras us port 80 (http port). Then you should be able to access it from any web page using the WAN ip address of your business location. To find out what your WAN IP is, go to www.whatismyip.org and copy that number. When you get home, type that number into your web browser and it should pull up your camera system.

Gavin Seabrook

#3 8100 Power

8100 Power
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2008 - 12:43 AM

I actually used DynDns.com to access it. But it still only lets me access it from the network the DVR is on..

Could you explain a little more please? Sorry for not understanding.

#4 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2008 - 11:37 AM

Sure thing,

Im sure that you use the DynDNS to access it through a remote connection, but if you are at the office, you can connect into the ROUTER through its Web Configuration Page. Just type \\<IPADDRESSOFROUTER> into the internet explorers address bar, and it should get you into the router. Next you need to forware a port (PORT 80), to the IP address of your network DVR server. This way, you can visit www.whatismyip.org and get your WAN Address. Take this address home and type it into your internet explorers address bar, and you should be able to view the camera system.

Gavin Seabrook

#5 8100 Power

8100 Power
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2008 - 01:03 AM

Here's my config menu for my router...

Whats the proper way of putting these numbers in here...

I see public ports and LAN ports..

Posted Image

Ip with a .7 is the DVR's access location.

#6 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2008 - 02:14 AM

Well LAN and PUBLIC port are going to be 80. I do not know what you have at IP address 192.168.2.5. IF the 2.5 address is the DVR SYSTEM or SERVER, then all you have to do is go to www.whatismyip.com and write down the number it gives you. Take this number home and type it in your Internet Explorer as http://<NUMBERFROMSITE> This should take you into your camera system. BUT IF you DVR System/Server is at 192.168.2.7, you will have to figure out what 192.168.2.5 goes to and if you access it from a web interface.

Gavin Seabrook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users