Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ip Webcam Install - Config Problem

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jhsmurray

jhsmurray

• Members
  • 383 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 PM

Posted 31 December 2007 - 10:44 AM

I just received an IP webcam (Trendnet model TV-IP100W) and am at the stage of trying to configure it, by connecting directly to it with my PC via ethernet cable as instructed in the manual. Problem is, I can't connect. In the documentation, it says I need to be on the same subnet (192.168.0.x) in order to connect to it, as the camera is pre-configured to 192.168.0.20 (personally, I would have preferred to it being DHCP enabled from the get-go, but whatever).

So, I configured my PC ethernet IPv4 to a fixed IP 192.168.0.1 (normally I'm on DHCP 192.68.2.x), subnet 255.255.255.0. I connected the provided ethernet cable from my PC eth adapter to the camera eth adapter, and no joy. The bundled wizard software wont find it, I cant navigate to http://192.168.0.20 (even though it is a webserver), and I can't even ping the address.

I would have been surprised that a firewall was causing the problem, but I tried it anyways with the firewall completely disabled. No-go.

I also tried patching it through the router, no luck there either.

My only other option that I can think of is modifying my entire network to the 192.168.0.x subnet, which I'd really like to avoid.

So, while I'm scouring the net, please let me know if I'm missing anything obvious. Thanks!

Acer Aspire 5732z
Processor: Intel Pentium III Xeon, 2200 MHz
RAM: 3 GB
Display: Mobile Intel GMA 4500M

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jhsmurray

jhsmurray
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 383 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2007 - 12:28 PM

update:

I have updated my entire network to be on the 192.168.0.x subnet, so now everything is on the same segment. I have confirmed that the ethernet cable connecting the camera to the router is working. Still no luck. :thumbsup:

Acer Aspire 5732z

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,863 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:52 PM

Posted 31 December 2007 - 03:22 PM

I think I'd go to the website of that product's manufacturer...and see what I could find, it it was my install having problems.

Louis

#4 jhsmurray

jhsmurray
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 383 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2007 - 06:11 PM

My only option that I hadn't already explored was to contact support directly (which I've just done via email). I'll post back with any results. Hopefully whatever solution comes up will help others with this product.

Acer Aspire 5732z

#5 jhsmurray

jhsmurray
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 383 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2008 - 05:41 AM

Turned out to be a manufacturing defect. Returning the camera.

Acer Aspire 5732z

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,863 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:52 PM

Posted 07 January 2008 - 12:42 PM

Feedback appreciated, hope replacement is better :thumbsup:.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users