Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Harddrive Probs

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 srtony8

srtony8

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 AM

Posted 31 December 2007 - 10:33 AM

I recently moved a PC game to my D or second hardrive to save space, No poblem there. But when the game needed A Auto-Update I got an Error message(Forgot what It said). So I moved It back to the C drive and Wala! The game downloaded fine. I have noticed that some software works funny on the D Drive And fine on the C, Why and can I fix. Running Windows XP.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 rigacci

rigacci

Fiorentino

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 AM

Posted 31 December 2007 - 12:25 PM

It could be either that you chose to install it on the C: drive at the time of installation. Then, when you moved it, it was still looking for the old place. You can solve that by uninstalling and reinstalling and choosing D: drive when given the choice.

Or, it could be that the game requires it be installed onto the C: drive. Some are like that but not too many. There isn't too much you can do about these type, unless you want to get in and write some code. (not recommended)

DR

#3 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 AM

Posted 31 December 2007 - 01:06 PM

Usually this problem occurs due to the Registry. You really cant move a folder that contains a program and expect it to work properly. It would be similar to taking out your hard drive that contains windows and move it to a different pc. Just wont work the same.

Gavin Seabrook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users