Sorry die comp,
I have to retire for rest now. But before I go, I'll give you some solutions you can try. (I know you cannot execute .exe but it doesn't hurt to try it)Note: Don't do all this unless you have scanned with BitDefender Online Scanner.
and Install Spybot Search and Destroy
. (Please save the download file to Desktop
* When you open it, follow the steps
that it asks you to do. (such as updating, immunizing your system
* Click on "Search and Destroy
" and then "Check for problems
* When you have finished scanning, it will present two kinds of entries, red
* Ignore the green
them) and check
all the red
* Click on "Fix selected problems
" to remove the infections found.Note: If you are unable to install and use Spybot, don't bother installing the softwares below.Note: If you are able to use Spybot now, download the following softwares, but before you proceed to restart your computer, save the instructions in notepad onto your Desktop so you don't have to connect to the Internet while following these instructions.
and install AVG Anti-Rootkit Free
* Click "Next
* Use Normal Interface and click "Next
* Read the License Agreement
and click "I Agree
* Use the default destination folder and click "Next
* Click "Install
". Don't open or use it yet!Download
and install AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5 Free
* After download, double click on the file to launch the install process.
* Choose a language, click "OK
" and then click "Next
* Read the "License Agreement" and click "I Agree
default installation path: C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5, click "Next
", then click "Install
* After setup completes, click "Finish
" to start the program automatically or launch AVG Anti-Spyware by double-clicking its icon on your desktop or in the system tray.
* Connect to the Internet, go back to AVG Anti-Spyware, select the "Update
" button and click "Start update
". Wait until you see the "Update successful
" message. If you are having problems with the updater, manually update with the AVG Anti-Spyware Full database installer from here
* Exit AVG Anti-Spyware when done - DO NOT perform a scan yet.
* Open AVG Anti-rootkit
* Click on "Perform in-depth search
* Select the drives that you want to scan then click "Scan
* Remove any rootkit(s) found. Note:
to use the computer at all when scanning. Close all windows and programs.Reboot your computer in "SAFE MODE" using the F8 method.
To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode". (Note: When run in safe mode, sometimes the GUI is larger than the screen and the buttons at the bottom are partly or completely hidden, making them unaccessible for doing a scan. If this is the case, press the WINKEY + M key to "Minimize" the AVG display. Then right-click on AVG in the Task Bar and select "Maximize". If that does not help, then you may have to run your scan in normal mode and advise your helper afterwards.)
Now open AVG Anti-spyware
Scan with AVG Anti-Spyware as follows:
* Click on the "Scanner
" button and choose the "Settings
* Under "How to act?
", click on "Recommended actions
" and choose "Quarantine
" to set default action for detected malware.
* Under "How to Scan?
", "Possibly unwanted software
", and "What to Scan?
" leave all the default settings.
* Under "Reports
" select "Do not automatically generate reports
" and UNcheck
"Only if threats were found
* Click the "Scan
" tab to return to scanning options.
* Click "Complete System Scan
" to start.
* When the scan has finished, it should automatically be set to Quarantine--if not click on Recommended Action and set it there.
* You will also be presented with a list of infected objects found. Click "Apply all actions
" to place the files in Quarantine.IMPORTANT! Do not
save the report before
you have clicked the Apply all actions button
. If you do, the log that is created will indicate "No action taken", making it more difficult to interpret the report. So be sure you save it only AFTER clicking the "Apply all actions" button.
* Click on "Save Report
" to view all completed scans. Click on the most recent scan you just performed and select "Save report as" - the default file name will be in date/time format as follows: Report-Scan-20060620-142816.txt. Save to your desktop.
A copy of each report will also be saved in C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\Reports\
* Exit AVG Anti-Spyware when done, reboot normally and submit the AVG Anti-Spyware log report in your next response to this thread.Note:
open windows, programs, and DO NOT USE
the computer while AVG Anti-Spyware is scanning. Doing so can hamper AVG Anti-Spyware's ability to clean properly and may result in reinfection.
After using all these softwares, I suggest you download HijackThis
* Upon installation complete, click on the HijackThis shortcut
* It will open a window, click on Main Menu first
* At the bottom, check "Show this window when I start HijackThis
* Click on "Do a system scan and save a logfile".
* Upon scan complete, a notepad will pop up with the HijackThis log file. Save
it to Desktop
* Copy and post you log file in HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal
forums and HJT members
will help you clean up the rest of your system.
After you have done all the above, I suggest you download SpywareBlaster
. There is a tutorial on how to use SpywareBlaster right here
use an anti-virus
software and a firewall
(as a basic) even if you don't use the Internet much. I can assure you that cyber criminals can
hack into the system in many ways that you would not know. Remember cyber criminals are always using new ways and means
to hack into people's system. Even if your computer is not experiencing any harm, your system can still be used to damage other people's systems
. Many cyber ciminals don't use their own system to cause damage so that they can hide their identity on the Internet. Not protecting your own system well will mean that other people are in danger from hacking.
Also, take care NOT to execute CDs
, files in temporary storage disks
, .bat files
, .exe files
, .vbs(Visual Basic script) files
unless you know the source very well
. Even emails (especially those written in HTML
) can be dangerous, and make sure you confirm it's from the legitimate person before you open any email or download any email attachments.
Lastly, I would recommend you to visit this website and read the Computer Security guides that this guy wrote: Computer Security 101
Good luck to you.
Edit: You should not
use AVG ART in safe mode, it is not recommended.
Edited by Ltangelic, 01 January 2008 - 01:09 AM.