Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Couple of Questions regarding videos

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:29 PM

Posted 28 February 2005 - 07:07 PM

Alright, a few questions i have about some videos i recently aquired (sp?).....

1. I downloaded a Doom 3 trailer in a .zip, and when i extracted it, it came out with a ".mc" file extension. I have no idea what kind of extension it is, or how to play it. Any help?

2. I have a webcam, but everytime i make a video, it's gigumbus. Like 3 seconds would be 2.5 mB. I can save it in WMV, AVI, and something called "Windows DIB". How do i make the file smaller? (btw: i don't think it has anything to do with the resolution or quality...)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HuckerJ

HuckerJ

• Members
  • 189 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2005 - 09:32 PM

I can find anything about an .mc extension. Try using GSpot. It can help you identify which codec you need. Could you tell us where you downloaded the doom 3 trailer?

The recorded video from your webcam is probably uncompressed. If you're saving it in avi format, you probably don't have a codec selected. DIB stands for Device Independent Bitmap.
There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary notation, and those who do not.
Posted Image - It plays, it streams, it kills WiMPs!!

#3 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2005 - 08:21 PM

I can find anything about an .mc extension. Try using GSpot. It can help you identify which codec you need. Could you tell us where you downloaded the doom 3 trailer?

The recorded video from your webcam is probably uncompressed. If you're saving it in avi format, you probably don't have a codec selected. DIB stands for Device Independent Bitmap.

I used the Gspot thing, and it came up empty. It showed "Unknown" for the file/MIME types. No help there.

I downloaded the video from "FilePlanet" i think. Not sure, don't remember that much. I do remember that you have to subscribe to it in order to get "No wait servers" while public servers require you to wait in line for a download. I never subscribe, but oh well. Dunno if that is of any help.

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 PM

Posted 02 March 2005 - 08:44 PM

Perhaps if you download the trailer from here it will work (you will need QUICKTIME installed on the computer):

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/512/512897p1.html

Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#5 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2005 - 11:22 PM

Perhaps if you download the trailer from here it will work (you will need QUICKTIME installed on the computer):

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/512/512897p1.html

Cheers,
John

That's cool and all, but i was looking for the "resurrection of the Dead" expansion for the pc version of Doom 3. Believe me, i downloaded the x-box video too, just to see what it was like. It seems like it lost some of its impact in the transition.....

I'm just gonna try to look for another site with the trailer in a different format.

Thanx.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users