Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help I Think I Have A Virus From Limewire

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ilovemonster15

ilovemonster15

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 PM

Posted 30 December 2007 - 10:48 PM

my computer is so slow and when i go to firefox and close it..it doesnt close it still show the screen but at the bottum where all the things that are open are there isnt firfox...and i download super anti spyware but it didnt help and i had pop ups but it stopped what should i do??i cant get the virus out.. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Crizz44

Crizz44

• Members
  • 496 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 AM

Posted 30 December 2007 - 10:57 PM

Go into Safe mode with Networking:
When your computer starts, keep tapping the F8 key until you get a menu
Use your arrow keys to select Safe Mode with Networking
If you aren't familiar with Safe Mode it will look different. Its just a basic start up mode.
Select IE and go to www.bitdefender.com on the left you will see a Free online Scan
It will take a while to run, but it is a good start to cleaning your computer.

You can try this in your normal start up if your computer will function well enough, it is just best to do it in Safe Mode.

Edited by Crizz44, 30 December 2007 - 10:59 PM.

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,485 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 AM

Posted 31 December 2007 - 12:07 AM

Using any P2P (peer-to-peer) file sharing program is a security risk which can make your system susceptible to a smörgåsbord of malware infections, remote attacks, and exposure of personal information. Even the safest P2P file sharing programs that do not contain bundled spyware, still expose you to risks because of the very nature of the P2P file sharing process. By default, most P2P file sharing programs are configured to automatically launch at startup. They are also configured to allow other P2P users on the same network open access to a shared directory on your computer.

The reason for this is that file sharing relies on its members giving and gaining unfettered access to computers across the P2P network. However, this practice can make you vulnerable to data and identity theft. Even if you change those risky default settings to a safer configuration, the act of downloading files from an anonymous source greatly increases your exposure to infection. This is because the files you are downloading may actually contain a disguised threat. Many malicious worms and trojans, such as the Storm Worm, target and spread across P2P files sharing networks because of their known vulnerabilities. Read P2P Software User Advisories.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users