Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Control Panel (missing Files)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 keldurk

keldurk

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 PM

Posted 30 December 2007 - 10:40 PM

In Mozilla Firefox, drop down menus present on various webpages are transparent. This is a problem unless the web page background happens to be white... (as it's difficult to read menu text when displayed directly above web page text and or graphics). Anyway, I found the Solution on this site from Grampaw7. He said that the problem was solved by disabling High Contrast via Control Panel > Accessibility Options> "Adjust the contrast for Text and colors".

The problem I'm having is that when I clicked on the "Adjust the contrast for Text and colors", nothing opened. Those Windows files are apparently missing from my computer. So, the question is two-fold.

1. If I don't have the files, would my problem with transparent menus (in firefox) still be solved if I installed the missing files and then disabled the 'high-contrast'?
2. Where/how can I get or download the missing Control Panel files? (I've lost my operating system disks, so that's not an option). (I have Windows XP Professional version 5.1 service pack2)

Thanks for any help!
keldurk

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 PM

Posted 30 December 2007 - 11:00 PM

Hi keldurk, and welcome to BleepingComputer.

Is this color problem only with firefox? Have you tried uninstalling firefox and reinstalling it? Are there any other problems with this computer?

If there are now other problems other than the one with firefox it may be quicker and easier just to uninstall firefox and reinstall it.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users