Posted 30 December 2007 - 09:55 PM
I tried to print a photo today on the HP 2345, which has worked fine in the past. Today however, I went to print and it wouldn't. I opened the printer and faxes folder to find no printer in there. I tried to run the HP diagonostic program which told me I didn't have the driver for the printer. I downloaded the driver and tried to install it again only to find out the Print Spooler isn't working/running.
I searched on Microsoft.com for the fix and this is what I found:
To resolve this problem, follow these steps:1. Click Start, click Run, type %windir%\system32, and then click OK.
Note %windir% represents the folder where Windows is installed.
2. Right-click the spoolsv file, and then click Rename.
3. Type oldspool, and then press ENTER.
4. Insert the Windows XP disk in the computer's CD or DVD drive. Press and hold down the SHIFT key as you insert the disk to prevent the Windows XP installation from starting automatically.
5. Click Start, click Run, type expand CD drive:\i386\spoolsv.ex_ %windir%\system32\spoolsv.exe, and then click OK.
Notes• Make sure that there is a character space between "spoolsv.ex_" and "%windir%."
• CD drive represents the drive letter of the CD or DVD drive that contains the Windows XP disk. For example, if the letter of the CD or DVD drive is E, type the following, and then click OK:
expand E:\i386\spoolsv.ex_ %windir%\system32\spoolsv.exe
I followed all the steps, verified after restart that the new file was present and tried again to no avail.
Anyone else have this problem and how can I fix it?