Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hi There

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 byteguy

byteguy

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 AM

Posted 30 December 2007 - 08:59 PM

I've been a "member" for some time, I just haven't been moved to post anything--I've been way too busy with work. I'm an independent computer consultant (have been for maybe 15 years) and yes, us folks need help, too.

I'm often amazed that almost every client presents me with a new challenge. I often find it necessary to seek solutions to problems that I have never encountered before. Sure--I fix lots of computers as well as build them. But--these suckers are sometimes really good at throwing a curve ball!

So--thanks to those who provide answers, thanks to those who have the courage to admit that they don't know everything and ask for help.

Now all I have to do is remember to visit the site and see if I can actually contribute in some worthwhile manner!

Oh--my handle? Should be obvious.
I have the power to channel my imagination into ever-soaring levels of suspicion and paranoia.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 SpySentinel

SpySentinel

• Staff Emeritus
  • 2,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:53 PM

Posted 30 December 2007 - 09:06 PM

Hi byteguy, :thumbsup: to Bleeping Computer.

Please check out the New User Orientation section to help get familiarized with how the board works.

There is also a really good Tutorials section that has lots of useful information.

Again, Welcome to Bleeping Computer, a friendly user community. We hope your stay here is enjoyable.
Posted Image
Unified Network of Instructors and Trained Eliminators

Posted Image

My help is always free, but if you can, please Posted Image to help me continue the fight against malware.

#3 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 PM

Posted 30 December 2007 - 09:55 PM

Hi, byteguy.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:53 PM

Posted 31 December 2007 - 12:41 PM

Just bookmark BC!
And thanks for saying hello.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#5 byteguy

byteguy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 AM

Posted 01 January 2008 - 08:49 PM

The suggestion was to bookmark the usegroup so it's easy to get back here. That goes without saying--what I was referring to was I'm quite busy and many times just forget to go to the usegroups. Maybe that can be a New Year's Resolution???

Art
I have the power to channel my imagination into ever-soaring levels of suspicion and paranoia.

#6 annabackwards

annabackwards

• Members
  • 1,381 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:53 AM

Posted 02 January 2008 - 05:15 AM

Maybe that can be a New Year's Resolution???

I highly encourage it :thumbsup:
Posted Image

Surf smarter, surf faster, surf safer, surf with Mozilla Firefox

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users