Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Installing New Hard Drive

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 C-info

C-info

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 PM

Posted 30 December 2007 - 05:39 PM

I just replaced me old hard drive with a new one. So now the screen reads " strike f1 for reboot or f2 to setup uility. I looked onto setup but have no clue as to what I am lookiing for that needs to be setup. Can anyone help me?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 PM

Posted 30 December 2007 - 05:55 PM

Looks like you need to set up the drive in the bios. Press F2 and go into the bios menu. Under the standard options menu it will list the drives make sure your new drive is listed under the Primary IDE master if it is replacing your drive with the operating system on it. Next you will need to install windows and all of your software on the new drive if it is replacing the drive that had your operating system on it. If you are not installing Windows on the drive it will need to be formated. The manufacture should have included a set up CD. Put the CD in the cd/rom drive and reboot the computer. You will need to set the CD/rom as the primary boot device if it is not set up so already. If you need help with the bios settings we will need to know what kind of computer it is and if its a custom build we will need the make and model of the motherboard.

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users