Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Some Grafix Problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 huMAC

huMAC

• Members
  • 153 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 PM

Posted 30 December 2007 - 05:38 PM

I was playing a game today and then I started to lag. It minimized my game and gave me this error. I don't know how to resolve this issue so can someone help me out.

here is a picture of the error:

Posted Image

Edit: Moved topic to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Dialer

Dialer

• Members
  • 642 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 PM

Posted 30 December 2007 - 06:31 PM

According to this tip at the ATI/AMD site, it appears that VPU Recover might have saved you from a severe crash.

I'm not even going to begin trying to figure out this troubleshooting article called Ati Radeon VPU Recover. However, the instructions here make it clear that you need to be very careful about doing anything. I'd suggest reading through the whole article before messing with this issue. Heck, I don't even know if the advice in the article is correct, come to think of it.

Hopefully someone who knows a lot more than I do will come by and help you out.

Good luck!

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,106 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2007 - 09:04 AM

Well...what ATI card/chip is installed and in question?

System model/manufacturer or motherboard manufacturer/model info would be useful.

I guess I don't see any "error", just an adjustment made automatically by some ATI software.

Since we are talking video, I would have to assume :thumbsup:...that one of two things happened: Your video card was overworked and started to overheat or yur drivers are not the best ones you can use.

We need more info, I think.

Louis

#4 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2007 - 11:00 AM

I use to get a very similar vpu recover message after playing 3d games. The problem was my ram was bad. I would first check if your graphics card is overheating, updating your drivers, and looking up other info online.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users