Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Worst Software of the Year

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 PM

Posted 28 February 2005 - 04:46 PM

What software do you think was the worst of 2004? I know many programs that I have used that have ticked me off, and I would say is the worst software of the year.

America Online 9.0SE
AIM (AOL Instant Messenger)
Internet Explorer (nothing you can do about this... lol)

so share with us what software you had the most problems with over 2004... :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2005 - 04:53 PM

For now I will agree on AOL :thumbsup:

Edited by scarlett, 28 February 2005 - 04:53 PM.

Posted Image

#3 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2005 - 05:03 PM

i'm glad i got some support against aol: here is a more in depth reason y i hate aol with a passion:

(1) AOL is too family orintated
(2) They need to make a "expert" version of it
*(one good thing they finally did was the AOL dial)
(3) They don't listen to unique ideas suggested (i've suggest that they put a button in there favorite that would alphabetize them, (i've been suggesting this for the last 5 years) do they listen? hell no)
(4) There settings are not descriptive enough (they need to have more settings)
(5) and final reason too F***ING SLOW!!!

#4 raw

raw

Bleeping Hacker

• Members
  • 2,577 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2005 - 06:09 PM

When i canceled my AOL service years ago the lady asked me why
I answered that the software doesn't work on Linux....
She told me i needed to buy a new computer
To this day i still receive AOL disks regularly in the mail
I have nearly 400 now
My suggestion...Send out AOL on CD-RW so at least i can use the disk again :thumbsup:

rawsig.png

rawcreations.net          @raw_creations

Current systems: WHAT OS, BackTrack-raw, PCLinuxOS, Peppermint OS 6, Kali Linux

and a custom Linux From Scratch server hosting a bunch of top secret stuff.

#5 TexasAngel67

TexasAngel67

Bleeping Helper

• Members
  • 1,551 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:55 PM

Posted 28 February 2005 - 06:16 PM

:thumbsup: :flowers:

AOHell sucks.

#6 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2005 - 06:21 PM

Yes AOHEll :thumbsup:

It took 25 minutes on the phone w/ the rep. For me to get it through his hard head that I did NOT want AOL any longer. :flowers:

I would of just hung up on him. But the thought of starting the whole process over again. Well ........
Posted Image

#7 twinsdad

twinsdad

• Members
  • 411 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2005 - 08:07 PM

To avoid sharing your garden with wild critters, drill a small hole near the edge of the CD's and hang them with thread from nearby tree branches. They will dance and glitter with wind/sun and frighten off deer and other varmits. This may be the only useful thing one can do with an AOL disc. :thumbsup:
"Love to eat them mousies, mousies what I like to eat; bite they little heads off, nibble on they tiny feet". B. Kliban

#8 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2005 - 08:22 PM

To avoid sharing your garden with wild critters, drill a small hole near the edge of the CD's and hang them with thread from nearby tree branches.  They will dance and glitter with wind/sun and frighten off deer and other varmits.  This may be the only useful thing one can do with an AOL disc. :inlove:

good idea... but my collection of AOL disks i just start using them as cup saucers... lol

Yes AOHEll lmfao.gif

It took 25 minutes on the phone w/ the rep. For me to get it through his hard head that I did NOT want AOL any longer. mad.gif

I would of just hung up on him. But the thought of starting the whole process over again. Well ........

since i just got cable, i told my dad that I wanted to call up AOL and cancel it, cause i wanted to have fun telling them there software sucks, so when i did call them up and the woman asked y i would like to cancel the service i said "after 5 years i realized that AOL software is too slow and unstable on any machine." (cause we have gone through 4 computers thanks to AOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thumbsup: :flowers: :trumpet:

Edited by yanowhiz, 28 February 2005 - 08:29 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users