Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Networking Over The Internet?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Johnz414

Johnz414

• Members
  • 464 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:16 AM

Posted 30 December 2007 - 03:24 PM

Hi,

I would like to know if 2 people that want to set up an Internet Network can?

We live in the same apartment building but in separate apartments and share a lot of common PC use and interests. So, we've thought of setting up a Network between us.

Is this possible?

We have our own individual Internet connections on separate phone lines being that we are in different apartments.

I've looked through XP's help files but everything is about being on one phone line in one building.

Does anyone know if and how setting a Network over the Internet might be accomplished?

Thanks.

John
John

"Genius is nothing other than pointing out the obvious",
Albert Einstein.

"I am what I am and that is all that I am, I am Popeye the Sailor Man", Popeye.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:46 PM

Posted 31 December 2007 - 12:19 AM

Why not run FTP. That way you can access files and stuff over the net. Ive never done it between two PCs only on a server but it wouldn't be to hard. Found this site and there is heaps of info if you google it. http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=1491
MCP
MSDST

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users