Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Uninstalling Programs, Please Help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Brandyw79

Brandyw79

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 AM

Posted 30 December 2007 - 01:16 PM

My husband just bought us another computer and it has windows vista, My husband and I both enjoy playing World of Warcraft, here are the problems:

After installing a trial of WOW, i realized that I could buy the game online and install the complete game. When that was done I ran the game and it had a blizzard updater, which took about 30 minutes to complete, upon completion the computer says...

The update could not be applied, it goes on to say that i should uninstall then install again, so i go into my control panel, programs then click on the game WOW, when i click on uninstal it says...

Uninstallation has failed...Uninstall.xml could not be read. :huh:

HOW DO I GET RID OF THIS GAME!!!!!!! :huh:

Edited by rigel, 30 December 2007 - 07:22 PM.
Mod edit

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 figgis41

figgis41

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 PM

Posted 31 December 2007 - 09:09 AM

hi ,,, i use to go into computer then c: drive then click program files and look for it in there , right click & delete,,, then type the name of the program in the search box & delete the bits that come up,,, then i do a defrag to clean up a bit.
Figgis,,,, LUFC

#3 Mayank Singhal

Mayank Singhal

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:53 PM

Posted 11 January 2008 - 11:14 AM

try downloading microsft clean up utility and install it . it will give you the name of each and every software present on your system and you will be able to uninstall any of them using this utility.

here is the link http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

#4 LGringo

LGringo

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:23 AM

Posted 13 January 2008 - 02:08 PM

When an item becomes difficult to remove from a PC, I rely on REVO UNINSTALLER. Not only does it use the application's UNINSTALL program but, it will scan the registry and the hard drive for what it calls "left overs" and removes them from the PC for you.

Give it a try...it's a free application and very much the trouble of downloading it and installing it on your computer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users