Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Xp

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 C-info

C-info

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 AM

Posted 30 December 2007 - 01:13 PM

I have not been able to get to control panel. I opened an email and my computer went haywire. I have ran anti-virus scan-window washer-spysweeper and easy cleaner.It reads no virus but things are crazy. I am running "hijackthis now"I have removed a few things thru the easy cleaner and window washer but still cannot get online or control panel. I have thought about removing the hard drive and putting in a new one but not sure how hard that is to do. Can anyone help me...please.
thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kris306dt

kris306dt

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2007 - 01:50 PM

I know i'm a newbie but i've had other problems of which i think are similar to yours along the lines of spayware ad trojans etc.

go to start > run and then type in 'msconfig' and hit enter.

Go to the 'startup' tab and remove ALL the ticks from the startup icons.

Click apply and then Ok and then restart.

See of that helps ;)

Kris

#3 kris306dt

kris306dt

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2007 - 02:05 PM

If that doesnt work then at the top of each page of this forum you will find a tab labelled 'startup list'

Press ctrl+alt+del and then select the processes tab, check on the startup list to see what should't be running. each time you stop a process try to get into your control panel.

have you got an error that comes up when you try to get in your 'control panel'?

#4 C-info

C-info
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2007 - 02:55 PM

I read your tipa and try them but still nothing.
When I click on the "my computer" icon and then the add and remove in left side I get this window that reads" operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer.Contact system admin.

I also have this windows security alert window that pops up that reads"making unauthorized copies of my system files and internet file.Run a full scan. Wants to know if I want to download the spyware remover. I have spysweeper installed on the computer and also avast antivirus. I have tried to remove avast and install Mcafee but it will not let me. Anyone have any more ideas to help me please... ?

#5 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 AM

Posted 30 December 2007 - 03:20 PM

go to start > run and then type in 'msconfig' and hit enter.
Go to the 'startup' tab and remove ALL the ticks from the startup icons.
Click apply and then Ok and then restart.
Kris

That is not a wise thing to do and will probably cause more problems
Post your problems Here It is located further down the main forum page
Mark

Edited by garmanma, 30 December 2007 - 03:22 PM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users