Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Capt Jim

Capt Jim

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 PM

Posted 30 December 2007 - 12:41 PM

All my other names were taken, so I chose Capt Jim in memeory of 14 happy years I spent sailing a 42 foot sailboat around the world. During that time the world kept upgrading the pc. Been trying to catch up ever since. I've been Program Coordinator for our local computer user group which is 50% old people, 20% newbies, and 30% techies who kindly spend their time educating the rest of us.

I'm getting along fine with my computer, but my 14 year-old granddaughter has done things to her computer that slow it to a stop. In another post I'll ask for help with removal of lanmandrv.sys form her computer.

Thanks to this forum for being here. I hope you can help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SpySentinel

SpySentinel

• Staff Emeritus
  • 2,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 PM

Posted 30 December 2007 - 03:44 PM

Hi Capt Jim, :thumbsup: to Bleeping Computer.

If your granddaughter is having problems with her computer, you can post in our HJT Logs forum and one of our HJT Team Members will help you clean up her computer.

Please check out the New User Orientation section to help get familiarized with how the board works.

There is also a really good Tutorials section that has lots of useful information.

Again, Welcome to Bleeping Computer, a friendly user community. We hope your stay here is enjoyable.
Posted Image
Unified Network of Instructors and Trained Eliminators

Posted Image

My help is always free, but if you can, please Posted Image to help me continue the fight against malware.

#3 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 PM

Posted 30 December 2007 - 07:49 PM

Hello, Capt Jim.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Staff Emeritus
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:10:02 PM

Posted 30 December 2007 - 08:03 PM

Welcome CaptJim,

Sailing about the world? Would you know another - Capt P.Moran perchance?

The BC is a nice forum to catch up in the computer world.

Peruse, and ask all the questions you have - one here might just have an answer.
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users