Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Start Up Trouble

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Mnbreadboy1950

Mnbreadboy1950

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 AM

Posted 30 December 2007 - 11:14 AM

Just after computer boots up and just before windows starts I get a blank whit box with and ok in the lower center. I can no start windows until I click ok. I did have virus sneak in but has been eliminated. I have scanned with every kind of scanner available with out any luck. Microsoft is working on it but not quick enough.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 PM

Posted 30 December 2007 - 12:11 PM

Hi Mnbreadboy1950, and welcome to BleepingComputer.

I take it there is no error message in that box, just the OK?

Have you looked in the Event Viewer to see what errors are showing up at these times?

Start> right click on My Computer> Manage> Event Viewer. When Event Viewer opens double click on System on the right hand side of the screen.

Please note that each column has a title at the top of each one. Errors will appear just to the left of the Type column, they will be recognizable as a red dot with a white X inside. Each entry has a Date and Time, look for errors that occur at the times that you are experiencing this problem.

When you find an error follow it across the columns till you are in the Event column, the error will be express as a set of number. If you right click on these number and then choose Properties another screen will open with a definition of the error.

Please post the error codes and the definition back here.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users