Please print out and follow the generic instructions for using "SmitfraudFix
(If you have downloaded SmitfraudFix previously, please delete that version and download it again as the tool is frequently updated!
-- If the tool fails to launch from the Desktop, please move smitfraudFix.exe
to the root of the system drive (usually C:\), and run it from there.
Please download MsnCleaner.zip
and save to you Desktop. In addition to removing infected files, it will remove certain restrictions on your system often disabled by malware.
- Extract (unzip) the file to your desktop. (click here if your not sure how to do this) but DO NOT use it yet.
- Reboot your computer in "Safe Mode" using the F8. To do this restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly. A boot menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode".
- Double-click MsnCleaner.exe to run the tool.
- Click the "Analyze" button.
- A report will be created after the scan and will be saved to C:\MsnCleaner.txt.
- If it finds an infection, click the "Deleted" button.
- Reboot normally and post the contents of MsnCleaner.txt in your next reply.