Try cleaning up your system first, it can speed up your computer, at the same time, clean your old registry.
and install Ccleaner
CCleaner. Caution:Do not
use Registry button if you are not sure what it is or how to use it. It is a built in Registry cleaner. If you use it wrongly, it can cause irreparable damage to your system.
1. Starting with v1.27.260, CCleaner installs the Yahoo Toolbar as an option which IS checkmarked by default during the installation.
IF you do NOT want it, REMOVE the checkmark when provided with the option OR download the toolbarfree Basic version instead of the Standard Build.
2. Before first use, select Options > Advanced
and UNCHECK "Only delete files in Windows Temp folder older than 48 hours
3. Then select the items you wish to clean up.
In the Windows
Clean all entries in the "Internet Explorer" section except Autocomplete Forum History.
Clean all the entries in the "Windows Explorer" section.
Clean all entries in the "System" section except for Start Menu Shortcuts and Desktop Shortcuts.
Clean any others that you choose.
In the Applications
Clean all including cookies in the Firefox/Mozilla section if you use it.
Clean all in the Opera section if you use it.
Clean Sun Java in the Internet Section.
Clean any others that you choose.
4. Click the "Run Cleaner
5. A pop up box will appear advising this process will permanently delete files from your system.
6. Click "OK
" and it will scan and clean your system.
7. When it's done, close the program. (If it asks you to reboot, click No
You can copy
the rest of this instruction in Notepad
and save it to Desktop
to read it. You may need to reboot your computer and saving the instructions will ensure you know what to do without visiting the forums. Download
and install AVG Anti-Rootkit
* Click "Next
* Use Normal Interface and click "Next
* Read the License Agreement
and click "I Agree
* Use the default destination folder and click "Next
* Click "Install
". Don't open or use it yet!Download
and install AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5 Free
* After download, double click on the file to launch the install process.
* Choose a language, click "OK
" and then click "Next
* Read the "License Agreement" and click "I Agree
default installation path: C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5, click "Next
", then click "Install
* After setup completes, click "Finish
" to start the program automatically or launch AVG Anti-Spyware by double-clicking its icon on your desktop or in the system tray.
* Connect to the Internet, go back to AVG Anti-Spyware, select the "Update
" button and click "Start update
". Wait until you see the "Update successful
" message. If you are having problems with the updater, manually update with the AVG Anti-Spyware Full database installer from here
* Exit AVG Anti-Spyware when done - DO NOT perform a scan yet.
* Open AVG Anti-rootkit
* Click on "Perform in-depth search
* Select the drives that you want to scan then click "Scan
* Remove any rootkit(s) found. Note:
to use the computer at all when scanning. Close all windows and programs.Reboot your computer in "SAFE MODE" using the F8 method.
To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode". (Note: When run in safe mode, sometimes the GUI is larger than the screen and the buttons at the bottom are partly or completely hidden, making them unaccessible for doing a scan. If this is the case, press the WINKEY + M key to "Minimize" the AVG display. Then right-click on AVG in the Task Bar and select "Maximize". If that does not help, then you may have to run your scan in normal mode and advise your helper afterwards.)
Now open AVG Anti-spyware
Scan with AVG Anti-Spyware as follows:
* Click on the "Scanner
" button and choose the "Settings
* Under "How to act?
", click on "Recommended actions
" and choose "Quarantine
" to set default action for detected malware.
* Under "How to Scan?
", "Possibly unwanted software
", and "What to Scan?
" leave all the default settings.
* Under "Reports
" select "Do not automatically generate reports
" and UNcheck
"Only if threats were found
* Click the "Scan
" tab to return to scanning options.
* Click "Complete System Scan
" to start.
* When the scan has finished, it should automatically be set to Quarantine--if not click on Recommended Action and set it there.
* You will also be presented with a list of infected objects found. Click "Apply all actions
" to place the files in Quarantine.IMPORTANT! Do not
save the report before
you have clicked the Apply all actions button
. If you do, the log that is created will indicate "No action taken", making it more difficult to interpret the report. So be sure you save it only AFTER clicking the "Apply all actions" button.
* Click on "Save Report
" to view all completed scans. Click on the most recent scan you just performed and select "Save report as" - the default file name will be in date/time format as follows: Report-Scan-20060620-142816.txt. Save to your desktop.
A copy of each report will also be saved in C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\Reports\
* Exit AVG Anti-Spyware when done, reboot normally and submit the AVG Anti-Spyware log report in your next response to this thread.Note:
open windows, programs, and DO NOT USE
the computer while AVG Anti-Spyware is scanning. Doing so can hamper AVG Anti-Spyware's ability to clean properly and may result in reinfection.
Edited: Mistake in scanning AVG ARK in safe mode.
Edited by Ltangelic, 01 January 2008 - 01:13 AM.