Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ActiveX Problem Can someone please take a look at this

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 lanra

lanra

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 AM

Posted 28 February 2005 - 03:31 PM

"Internet Explorer Error"
Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page. As a result, the page may not display correctly.

This happens when a specific user logs in. This user has administrative rights. And this happens when he tries to open any of windows folders or applets (My Computer, Recycle Bin, Control Panel and the likes) not while on the web or while using IE, also it does not happens if same user logs in safe mode. Example if I double click my computer I will get above message and a blank page, the status bar will say 6 objects and nothing is displayed. I can run or start third patty software from the desktops shortcuts or programs under start. If I try to use windows explorer I get same message but I'm able to expand folder on left pane but not actually view the contents on the right. Same message for Recycle and Control Panel similar display the contents on the left with a up and down bar on the right.

This only happens on one of four users that login to this computer.
All four users have administrative rights.

I have run all of this programs running on my computer and have found and removed some trojans but the activex problem remains only under this current profile.

Thanks for your responce in advance

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 3:32:03 PM, on 02/28/2005
Platform: Windows 2000 SP4 (WinNT 5.00.2195)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINNT\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\services.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\hidserv.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\msiexec.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\WBEM\WinMgmt.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
C:\WINNT\system32\LEXPPS.EXE
C:\WINNT\Explorer.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
C:\Program Files\The Cleaner\tca.exe
C:\Program Files\The Cleaner\tcm.exe
C:\Program Files\a2\a2guard.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasDtServ.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Ruben\Desktop\HijackThis.exe

F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_EMC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [gcasServ] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasServ.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [tcactive] C:\Program Files\The Cleaner\tca.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [tcmonitor] C:\Program Files\The Cleaner\tcm.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Synchronization Manager] mobsync.exe /logon
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [a-squared] "C:\Program Files\a2\a2guard.exe"
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE
O16 - DPF: {74D05D43-3236-11D4-BDCD-00C04F9A3B61} (HouseCall Control) - http://a840.g.akamai.net/7/840/537/2004061...all/xscan53.cab
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: LexBce Server (LexBceS) - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\WINNT\system32\LEXBCES.EXE

Edited by lanra, 28 February 2005 - 03:41 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,593 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 AM

Posted 01 March 2005 - 12:28 PM

Log is fine. If you go into the internet options of internet explorer and click on the security tab, then click on custom what does it say the settings are set to under activex control?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users