Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Flash Email

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 gnanasenthil1311

gnanasenthil1311

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:57 AM

Posted 30 December 2007 - 01:38 AM

is there any one to help me.i want send a mail like this - the receiver will see the mail on the screen as soon as he logs on to the internet.anybody there

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 PM

Posted 30 December 2007 - 09:15 AM

if that happened to me I would think I was infected as that would surely require a page redirect/hijack ;so

assuming the recipient wants to receive the email, they need to first log into their email ; or are you unsure OF how email 'works' or having problems with someone whom you think is not receivng the emails?

can you perhaps describe more fully what your problem/concern IS please?

#3 gnanasenthil1311

gnanasenthil1311
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:57 AM

Posted 01 January 2008 - 01:36 PM

well i may not be the only one who is going to send a mail to the recipient ,he may or may not attracted by the subject/title that i have given for the email moreover my mail may not be at the first on the list shown. By now u should have known my concern,it is just to flash open my mail as soon as the recipient logs on to the mail service providers server .is it possible

#4 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,911 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 PM

Posted 01 January 2008 - 11:09 PM

I doubt it, for several reasons. Not everyone has a personal computer. Many people use public terminals. These are constantly connected to the internet. Just who would the recipient be? How would the sender know that the right person is reading the mail? Can you imagine the havoc if EVERYONE used 'flash e-mail' even on a single personal computer? Even if it were possible, I'd recommend not doing so. I, for one, would have the same reaction as ruby1.

Let's assume that I was the recipient of one of your 'flash e-mails'. As soon as I saw it, I would immediately suspect infection, immediately disconnect from the internet and start scanning my computer like crazy and probably enlist the aid of the HJT forum here to find out what in the world had gone wrong with my computer.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#5 Dialer

Dialer

• Members
  • 642 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 PM

Posted 01 January 2008 - 11:21 PM

I'm with ruby1 and Orange Blossom. To me, it would be like having my front door open automatically just because someone knocked on it.

Besides, look at it from a spammer or even legitimate advertiser's perspective: if it were possible to do what you want, most spammers and even a few opt-in advertisers would already be using it.

#6 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:06:27 PM

Posted 01 January 2008 - 11:40 PM

If there were a way to do what you want and I got a mail that flashed open without me opening it, I would immediately delete the mail without reading it. If you sent me another one that did the same thing, it would be deleted also, then I would set up a rule in Outlook Express to not only block you as the sender, but to make any mail by you disappear into cyberspace. The mail be deleted from the mail server but not downloaded into OE-and if you ask if I got your mail, I could honestly answer NO.
Why would you want to do something so "in your face"? Seems that would be very annoying.

#7 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2008 - 07:03 AM

lets track back a bit;what EXACTLY is YOUR concern? can you expand a bit please?do you know how email 'works' and what is required to open and read a mail?and maybe the receipient does not want to receive your email?

you also need to be very careful with e mail titles ; you need to confirm I think that you are not in the habit of sending 'unwanted' or spam e mails? as if so we ( at least I ) will no longer assist you

Edited by ruby1, 02 January 2008 - 07:07 AM.

#8 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2008 - 11:51 AM

thinking over this; what is so special about YOUR emails as opposed to anyone else's?

when you post on here for instance, it is up to each person who visits this site to decide if they wish to read, or NOT, your question ; you cannot force any one to read this thread; also, you cannot force the Admin to allow your thread to remain on the forum ; nor can you force anyone to reply to your thread

same with an email; yes you may SEND an email to whomever you choose; but you cannot force the recipient to open it or read it, which is I think the purpose of your question , and I am wondering why you wish to force an individual to read YOUR emails ; they MAY just chuck it in the bin which is entirely their choice ; you send it but it is their choice to recieve it or not

ARE you trying to send spam(which I think may BE the purpose of this thread) and if so ,why?
perhaps you could come back here and explain a lot clearer your intentions and reasons for your enquiry ??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users