Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook Express, Does Anyone Know ?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Jove

Jove

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:20 AM

Posted 29 December 2007 - 09:46 PM

I have received an e-m that apparently is the product of an error created by me or my system ?

I am not able to figure this, the first line prior to the words in the body of the message which I have written, are ;

<p><u>Copy:</u><p>

I am sure I wrote the words in the body but am positive that I did not write ; <p><u>Copy:</u><p>

The e-m is addressed to me and it was sent by me, but I am not sure how this happened either, I wrote a message and sent it via an internet specific mail form, etc. or I sent the letter intending to send it to the party meant to receive it, but accidently sent it to myself.

If I sent it to myself then where did the , . . . . <p><u>Copy:</u><p>, . . . . come from ?

9:51 PM 12/29/2007

This was sent 1227, . .received 1228, . . . It is possible this is a copy sent to me by an internet generated e-mail from e-form, etc. I am still a little confused since it does say that it is from me to me, but I am now beginning to think it is a copy of that e-m, etc.

9:51 PM 12/29/2007

It is possible this is just a copy of the e-m I sent from an internet e-form, I was a little confused at first since it read from me to me.

But that was a first ! ? !

Edited by Jove, 29 December 2007 - 09:58 PM.

When you don't have to worry about your computer anymore, you can start
living again !

vrwqzc.gif
Success is a result, not a goal. . . . Flaubert

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:03:20 AM

Posted 29 December 2007 - 10:32 PM

It's html code.
html is used to structure web pages-paragraphs, links, pictures, etc.

The <p> before and after the word copy indicates the beginning of a paragraph and the end of the paragraph.
<u> </u> indicates that anything in between them is underlined.

I'm don't know why you see it or how it came to be in your mail-someone else will have to shed light on that.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 29 December 2007 - 10:32 PM.

#3 Dialer

Dialer

• Members
  • 642 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 AM

Posted 29 December 2007 - 11:49 PM

You probably see the HTML code because of some error in the overall coding for the form you filled out, not because of anything you did.

Without knowing something about the site and the form, I couldn't even begin to suggest how you got a copy of the e-mail. From what you've said, it doesn't sound as though it's anything serious.

#4 Jove

Jove
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2007 - 03:18 AM

No, I don't think it is anything serious, It may have been an attemt to send a received or receipt of mail, "received copy", as it is a legitimate request for information that I sent to paypal, but it takes on all appearance that I sent it to myself, . . . but, if I had I certainly would not have included the ; <p><u>Copy:</u><p> line.

and of course you may be right it may turn out to be a failure to receive, etc.

BTW- When I had AOL and used their mail program, when receiving an e-m, there was a little button you could click on the received mail and it would display a usually long list of details concerning the process the e-m went through on its way to you from the sender, does Outlook Express have this, I can't find it.

living again !

vrwqzc.gif

#5 Dialer

Dialer

• Members
  • 642 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2007 - 11:56 AM

Yes it does, Jove. But since I haven't used OE in a few years, I don't remember exactly how to do this. Look for options/settings that allow you to view full headers or view source. My recollection is that you can do this for an individual e-mail, rather than having it apply to all of them, so it might be a right-click option. Hmmmm ... I think someone else might have described this recently in another e-mail thread, possibly yours.

Edited by Dialer, 30 December 2007 - 11:56 AM.

#6 Jove

Jove
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2007 - 02:36 PM

Dialer,

I don't think that this is described in an earlier post unless it was some time ago, you probably have a pretty damn good memory, because I do reall an issue but that was with AOL mail.

While were here I wonder if it ok to switch the subject since I will have to get into to the instructions you replied in your last post. This is probably against the rules ?

But, . . . I recently sent an em to myself (not related to previous), I placed in it a direct link, i.e., (http://www.), from

photobucket scrsht and I haven't received it, I went to sent file and forwarded it I still have not received it !

I tested my mail and sent other test to myself, I did receive them ?

Edited by Jove, 30 December 2007 - 02:37 PM.

living again !

vrwqzc.gif

#7 Dialer

Dialer

• Members
  • 642 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2007 - 02:46 PM

You're probably right about that e-mail thread being about AOL.

Sorry, but I can't help you with this last one. Except to suggest that maybe it went into your spam folder? The forwarded one might well have gone there, since spam checkers often use forwarding as one of the points to check on.

Also, try reordering your e-mails by date, with most recent at the top, since maybe there was some kind of glitch with that. Otherwise.... Again, I'm sorry. <shrug>

#8 M...

M...

• Members
  • 386 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:20 AM

Posted 30 December 2007 - 04:02 PM

To view the full raw source of an e-mail message in Outlook Express:

Right-click the title line (From, Subject, Received, etc.) of the message of interest, select Properties, click the Details tab, click the Message Source... button. That opens a window that contains the entire raw source of the e-mail, headers and all.

You can also do the same for the message you are currently viewing in Outlook Express by selecting File, Properties, ... etc.

#9 Jove

Jove
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2007 - 12:09 AM

If anyone has Outlook Express, and they have an album at Photo Bucket, and are willing to try a little experiment, without blaming me for any results, it would be interesting to know ;

if you paste from photo bucket, an http//, ( a direct link), to your e-mail and send it to your self, I did and never received it, I took the sent copy and forwarded it to myself and never received that, this link is there for a reason and I can't figure out whats going on, . . is it just my machine or what ?

Edited by Jove, 31 December 2007 - 12:09 AM.

living again !

vrwqzc.gif

#10 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 31 December 2007 - 09:30 AM

I just sent myself a direct link from photobucket, received it almost immediately.

#11 Jove

Jove
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2007 - 01:40 PM

Queen-Evie,
Happy New Year !!
Your a Brave soul, thank you, I'll go back and try it again !
and post back.

living again !

vrwqzc.gif

#12 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2007 - 04:56 PM

The link I sent myself was one I've sent to others in the past month.
I know they received it, figured I would also get it.

#13 Jove

Jove
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2007 - 05:02 PM

Well, did you get it ?

I just now tried it and it did not arrive !

That was a direct link.

living again !

vrwqzc.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users