Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

can I copy Video to hard drive

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 onionizer

onionizer

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 AM

Posted 28 February 2005 - 01:42 PM

Hi,
I'm interested to copy video, from a cam corder to my hard drive.
My cam corder's outputs are the 3 RCA cables, for the audio and video.
I'm sure its possible to do this
I just don't know how,
Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JEservices

JEservices

helping hand

• Members
  • 1,700 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 AM

Posted 28 February 2005 - 02:45 PM

Do you have a video capture card? If you are not sure if you have one, take a look at the back of your computer, and see if you have a place that you can plug in the RCA cables.

If you have a name brand computer (store bought), and you post back with the make and model number, I can tell you if you it comes as a stock item.

If someone built the computer for you, then it may be difficult to tell if you already have one installed. The best way to tell in this situation would be with the suggestion stated above.

Lets say that you do not have one of these cards. Thats ok. Chances are, you can purchase one and install it yourself. Some of them are even USB, which makes installation a breeze; you would not even have to open up the computer for it.
We are all curious like a cat. We wonder, we ask, we learn.
Please post back when a suggestion works, so that others may learn.

#3 EdBee

EdBee

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2005 - 03:05 PM

Hi,

You probably DO NOT have a video capture card. A video card and a video "capture" card are not the same animal. However you can buy a video capture device that works thru USB slots. I bought such a device (approx $100)-made by ADS tecnologies. IT worksd OK--but I am having some problems in that my Printer which also uses USB doesn't like to live in the same electronic world with the capture device and visa-versa-but I havn't totally given up on it. It has to do (I know with the drivers etc.)--If I had to do it again I would have put in a "capture" card instead of the stand-alone capture device. The thing is I don't like to open up the box all that much since about 7 years ago I trashed a mother board when installing a new floppy drive. Just my 2 cents for what its worth. :flowers: :trumpet: :thumbsup:
EDBEE from NMUSA- RENOWNED MALWARE FIGHTER AND SWORN ENEMY OF ALL INTERNET HIJACKERS

#4 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2005 - 03:15 PM

I was thinking of buying one of these myself. A video capture/tv tuner card for your pc will let you do what you want and watch tv on your pc. It should if im correct. This one had s-video and rca ports on it. But its not $100.00 neither.

Take a look at this one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...5169904412&rd=1

Hope this helps

#5 onionizer

onionizer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2005 - 05:16 PM

OK,
I'm pretty sure there's no RCA connections, there's mini jacks and thats asbout it.
My PC was built sothere's no sure way of telling if there's a captuer card as the 1st reply pointed out.

So the capture card can be a device that plugs into a USB, and it has RCA connections too? Plus software?
I'll probably give that a go..
The item on Ebay had gone but I'll have a browse through Ebay in uk..
Thanks all

#6 JEservices

JEservices

helping hand

• Members
  • 1,700 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 AM

Posted 01 March 2005 - 04:09 PM

To prevent conflicts with other USB devices, look for one that has a Firewire connection. Most external devices that benefit with high transfer speeds (DVD burners fall into this as well), will have both USB and Firewire.
We are all curious like a cat. We wonder, we ask, we learn.
Please post back when a suggestion works, so that others may learn.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users