Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What Does It Fill Partial Hard Disk?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 merellogalasso

merellogalasso

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 PM

Posted 29 December 2007 - 04:01 PM

I performed by a technician, a long while ago, a partition of my hard disk. In "C" it's supposed not to be too many new files; mean, big application files. Well, with time "C" has been filled up to the point, sometimes, it's impossible to defrag. The very rare point is that, also sometimes, it appears periodically a very convenient and huge free space. Ultimately a small free space has been permanent. I really "cannot" give new format again, because I have a lot of impossible to replace material. To move files from C to D is a very uneasy task to accomplish without having severe troubles when one pretends to delete the original copied archives. As a matter of facts this was the reason for my mentioned formatting: to have lost essential archives. I have very effective applications for cleaning but they have not helped me very much in this exact point. Many thanks and friendly greetings.
"There are atoms and vacuum; the rest is opinion"
(Democritus, several centuries before Hume and Kant)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,570 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 AM

Posted 30 December 2007 - 04:31 AM

To move files from C to D is a very uneasy task to accomplish without having severe troubles when one pretends to delete the original copied archives.

What "severe troubles" are you experiencing? The way I see it is that if your C drive is full then you're going to have to move some data to the D: drive (or somewhere else).
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 merellogalasso

merellogalasso
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2007 - 12:07 PM

When one deletes in "c", what has been moved, many archives that are suposed to be share ones it makes severe consequences to the PC.
Many thanks an greetings

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 29,991 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 PM

Posted 31 December 2007 - 12:23 PM

How are you transferring the files from the C partition to the D partition? Are you sure that it is the D partition that you want to transfer these files to, the D drive is usually a optical, the second partition usually shows up as the E. What kind of files are you moving that you are having problems after the transfer, and what kind of problems are you having after the transfer?

If you go to Start and right click on it and then click on Explore in the menu that appears you should be able to see all of your drives and folders. If you click on your C drive you can click and drag you files to the other partition and you should then be able to delete those files in the C as they will be redundant.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 merellogalasso

merellogalasso
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2007 - 12:50 PM

Many thanks, dear friend. I have just arrived from the Moon... Troubles start when you delete folders that you had in "C"... To drag is extremely dangerous... Greetings

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,818 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 PM

Posted 31 December 2007 - 02:26 PM

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/33007/how-to-create-a-topic/

It seems to me that the original poster may need the above link.

I don't know about anything else, but I just don't see enough information about the purported problem, the system, etc...to make any sense of this.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users