Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Office Outlook Doesn't Open Links

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 merellogalasso

merellogalasso

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 PM

Posted 29 December 2007 - 03:50 PM

Since a relatively short time, I cannot open any link coming inside messages (I mean obviously, by clicking on them [copying and pasting is the practical answer but's not normal]). It appears a window that says that it's secondary to "system's restrictions" and that I should consult with the administrator (????????). I have tried every normal procedure unsuccessfully. Many thanks and the best greetings for everyone.
"There are atoms and vacuum; the rest is opinion"
(Democritus, several centuries before Hume and Kant)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Tomo2

Tomo2

• Members
  • 402 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 AM

Posted 01 January 2008 - 07:34 PM

Do your security options in outlook prevent links from opening? not sure what version of outlook you use so I can't tell you where that setting is.

L&P, World Famous in New Zealand since ages ago!
Posted Image
Avast! Antivirus : Spybot S&D : Trend Micro Housecall : Hosts file : HiJack This
Don't be too open minded - your brains will fall out

#3 merellogalasso

merellogalasso
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2008 - 10:45 AM

2003 Many thanks I have tried to low down security level but it doesn't "obbey". MY DEFAULT BROWSER IS, OBVIOUSLY, MOZILLA. Also I have troubles for using the usual icons that come with Panda Security Scan Pro that do not function either. It's clear that one will not move back to IE just for being able to use some applicactions... Greetings and thanks.

Edited by merellogalasso, 03 January 2008 - 11:21 AM.

#4 Private

Private

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 AM

Posted 04 January 2008 - 11:48 PM

Im having the same problem under Outlook 2007. Im using Firefox as my default browser. Whilst I get the error message - which I seem to think is tied into Internet Explorer, Firefox will eventually open to the original link. I have read that many other people are having the same problem but havent found a solution either. Im also hoping that somebody here might be able to solve it for us.

Thanks indeed.

#5 merellogalasso

merellogalasso
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2008 - 10:17 AM

Im having the same problem under Outlook 2007. Im using Firefox as my default browser. Whilst I get the error message - which I seem to think is tied into Internet Explorer, Firefox will eventually open to the original link. I have read that many other people are having the same problem but havent found a solution either. Im also hoping that somebody here might be able to solve it for us.

Thanks indeed.

Thanks to you for your answer because it confirms my suspects. I also desire to find somebody who knows the solution. Greetings

#6 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 PM

Posted 05 January 2008 - 12:23 PM

Found one suggestion said it's related to to update # xp kb911567 Here's a few different solutions. The one about multiple browsers caught my eye:
http://forums.slickdeals.net/archive/
http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/
http://www.computing.net/office/
Mark

Edited by garmanma, 05 January 2008 - 12:31 PM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users