Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

X3 Reunion

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 athelos

athelos

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:59 AM

Posted 29 December 2007 - 03:36 PM

Someone (from this site actually) once recommended a game to me called x3 reunion for open ended gameplay but with the warning that it can be a bit difficult to pick up. Well I bought the game and am quite enjoying it so who ever you were (it was a while ago you recommended it to me) thank you.

I have came accross abit of a snag though. Im playing the game with the story line disabled as a humble trader. Ive raised about 800-900k and was thinking about starting building a station. Just something small to get into it so to speak. Im currently at Siezewell shipyard and see the station I want to buy problem is my piddely cargo ship isnt anywhere near big enough to carry the station. The manual says I have to com with the captain of a TL class ship and get them to follow me to the shipyard. Ive tried with a Teladi arena, condor and (i think) pheonix. None of them have the option to do this and I can only ask for directions. Am I speaking to the wrong ships? I dont know if it makes any difference but I have the ranking of shareholder with the teladi and my trading rank is at merchant.

Also on a side note how long have you people been playing and how much have you made. I just want to see whether im doing well or not :thumbsup: (I know there will be millionaires tycoons playing this game so dont rub my face in it im only a begginner ^.^ )
Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia.
--Charles Schultz

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2007 - 03:37 PM

Welcome to the X-Universe! X3: Reunion is a complex game. I'm assuming you have a good reputation with the Teladi, if you don't they won't let you contract with a TL ship. Also, you will be limited as to which stations you can purchase, reputation means everything. I generally focused on one species (Argon) and bought my own TL (The Argon Mammoth) so I didn't have to contract out. Plus, they can haul a ton of cargo. In order to build a station, with either your own ship or a contracted ship, you must order them to dock with a shipyard. If you have the right equipment, you can do this and purchase the station remotely otherwise you need to also be docked in order to purchase. Then you tell the TL ship to follow you to the appropriate system and to begin construction. For the Teladi, their TL is the Albatross. The Teladi Condor and Phoenix are both carriers and destroyers respectively. BTW, the manual you get in the box is horribly translated, I suggest downloading the most recent one from Egosoft's site.

3939.png

#3 athelos

athelos
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2007 - 06:44 PM

Ahaaa, much clearer now. Thank you for the help DJBPace07 I'll see if I can do this now. It'll be nice to have a place of my own. Thanks again.
Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia.
--Charles Schultz

#4 athelos

athelos
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2007 - 09:39 PM

You know I'm starting to think my game may be glitched or something. I was in the family whi (not sure how its spelt) sector just looking around when I spotted an Albatross. I remembered what you told me so I commed it and I got the option to make it follow me. Problem was I had had a silly collision earlier so my ship wasnt very healthy so I loaded an earlier game went to the same system found the same ship but this time I didnt get the option to make it follow me. I've come accross two since then and none of them will give me that option.

Also I just noticed that when at trading stations no one will barter with me because my status with the teladi is too low. I dont see how that can be though as I currently have shareholder status and am about 50% towards majority shareholder and I have bartered with them before at a lower reputation.

Anyone know what is going on?!?!?

(On a side note I just broke the million credits mark. Quite proud with myself!!! :thumbsup: )
--Charles Schultz

#5 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2007 - 03:16 PM

For the Teladi, majority shareholder is only slightly above neutral. Once majority shareholder status is achieved, five more levels remain. Make sure you download all patches from Egosoft as they fix the game and remove the copy protection so you can play without the need to insert discs. If you're in Family Whi, you're no longer in Teladi territory. The albatross in that sector may have already been contracted out.

Oddly enough, the Wiki for X3: Reunion is informative, it includes ship classes and a map of the X-Universe. Here it is, X3 Wiki.

3939.png

#6 athelos

athelos
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2008 - 12:44 PM

Thank you DJBPace07 for your help. It seems that you were right about the albatross already being contracted out as I've managed to hire one and build my first factory (yey!). Its really out of the way though as I wasnt able to figure out how to change the axis on the map (I have though now) and everyone misses it. I have also updated my game as you suggested.

On a side note I tried out a pirate life for a while on another file and couldn't believe how much money you can make as one. I was making a million credits every hour or so just by taking others shipments. That said Im still enjoying being a trader though.
--Charles Schultz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users