Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Version Of Xp

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 v123naqrroc

v123naqrroc

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:21 AM

Posted 29 December 2007 - 02:24 PM

I have kept my WXP up to date with with all the updates and now when I put my WXP CD in it now says that the CD is an older version of WXP than what is on the puter and won't let let me refresh?
The CD used to put XP on the puter is the same one as I orginally used but have now lost the cover with the product no on it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,555 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 AM

Posted 29 December 2007 - 02:42 PM

Your situation is common and understood :thumbsup:.

XP will not allow a CD containing an earlier (not as many critical updates included) version to repair or change a more current version. Thus, anyone current through SP2 on the system...must use a CD with SP2 included for various functions (repair install, sfc, etc.) which call for insertion/use of the XP CD.

http://icrontic.com/articles/slipstreaming_windows_easy

The above link seems to be an easy way to make a slipstreamed CD, according to many.

You need that code for activation...you can get it by using a little tool called SIW System Information for Windows - http://www.gtopala.com/

I suggest you write it/maintain somewhere that is suitable.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users