Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help Needed To Remove Unknown Virus Causing Problems On Comp.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cr33ping

cr33ping

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 AM

Posted 29 December 2007 - 01:14 PM

Cutting straight to the chase here.
Problems started occurring when i downloaded a game off the internet at 11 pm on December 26th. Double clicked on .exe file and computer exploded with virus quarantined popups. Manually deleted 8 viruses and computer operated normally for 2 days.
yesterday, i played a game on my cp for a while, looked at some stuff on the internet, then turned off my wireless card and left my computer for 3 hours.
Some time while i was gone a virus was found and quarantined. file name was something to the extent of A0003211.sys i believe, though i'm not sure, as i cleaned/ removed.

Computer started telling me it did not have the system resources to do anything. Not open internet explorer, not open my computer, could not do anything, not even ctrl+alt+delete. I restarted it, it told me three times that the system had recovered from a serious error. I ran a COMPLETE virus scan with PC-cillin Internet security 14 (installed when i purchased my Dell Inspiron 1501 laptop pc) the scan found nothing, ran a windows security check and a spyware scan, both found nothing. A friend of mine suggested running a registry cleaner, so i ran RegSeeker (program my buddies swear by) after detetecting many registry errors, the computer blue screened stating the operating system needed to be shut down to prevent damage to the pc. restarted pc. i removed and reinstalled PC-cillin to see if this was the problem. PC-Cillin has been telling me "Scanning outgoing messages..." CONSTANTLY since the 26th, but it has never done so before then. it has not stopped doing this. when i turn my wireless card off, then it stops giving me the bubble, and my cpu usage % also lowers to a more consistent rate.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FFS

in the midst of me typing this message i just got a pop up from trend micro.
Action Taken: cannot delete. Update now and restart the scan.
incident name: C:\WINDOWS\DOWNLOADED PROGRAM FILES\HGStart9USA.exe
Detection Name: RAP_Generic

NOTE: i updated to most recent pattern files, and reran scan
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
back to where i was
after i turned off my wireless card i ran another program suggested to me by a different friend called adaware.
comp bluescreened again.
restarted
used a registry scanner available through processlibrary.com
found 849 registery errors
fixed 15 of them
now i'm here stuck
i downloaded hijack this and am going to upload the saved log...
i really need some help fixing this, this computer is vital to just about every part of my life.
current symptoms in brief :
high cpu usage
hourglass next to mouse rarely goes away
trend micro "Scanning outgoing messages..."
blue screen on certain virus cleaning/registry software.

EDIT
after following instructions from virus softwares, and killing system restore to delete the above noted spyware, i killed it using the killbox program, as it continued to register that that file was a spyware, and i knew it was no longer needed...
this didne help
i downloaded process library and am upoloading a screen shot of what it looked like to supplement the information about this problem...
killing that spyware did NOT solve the problem. My computer is still running slowly, still scanning "Out going messages"

in the screen shot some things of interest to me was the two (of the 8) svchost.exe files that were running differently.
i right clicked one and clicked properties and thats the box to the right.. hope this helps bring a solution to light...

heres the link to the picture, to big to host :thumbsup:
help
http://img120.imageshack.us/my.php?image=24053726tr9.png

Attached Files

Edited by cr33ping, 29 December 2007 - 02:33 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,503 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 AM

Posted 23 January 2008 - 09:30 PM

I apologize for the very long delay. We have a huge backlog of HijackThis Logs to handle and it has been taking us greater time than normal to get caught up. If you are still having a problem, and want us to analyze your information, please post a brand new hijackthis log. If we do not hear back from you within a couple of days we will need to close your topic.

When posting your logs please post them directly into the reply. Do not attach them.

Also make sure you have already followed the steps outlined below:

Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis Log

Thank you for your patience.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users