Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Tdk Cdrw5200b Does Not Write Or Read

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 TheManInTheCUBE

TheManInTheCUBE

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:31 PM

Posted 29 December 2007 - 11:47 AM

this has been a reliable burner/reader for some years now.

tried to do a normal/regular/often-done burn (DATA disc).

Just dropped out then asked for a recognizable disc.

Ran a 'Repair' to Windows 2000 Pro ( in case of some system management failure) NOTE: had to use different, that is to say, a ROM slot, because the driver in question didn't recognize the Windows disc I ALWAYS use (in that drive) to do Repairs to Windows with.

Flashed the Firmware for the TDK CDRW5200B with an Update, which progressed thru restart.

That Disc slot still will NOT read anything, just says:
"please insert a disc into drive F" (which, of course, has had several discs inserted)

any help appreciated in salavaging the ol' ABACUS

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:31 PM

Posted 29 December 2007 - 03:07 PM

Well, you said the magic word, i.e. OLD. They don't last forever. Can you hear it spin or does he light flash at all? Possible dirty lens. Any yellow exclamation points by the drive in Device Manager?
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users