Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dll File "not Valid Windows Image"? So Says Itunes

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 srpesq

srpesq

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:05 AM

Posted 29 December 2007 - 10:53 AM

I have had such problems (Gateway GT5082 Win XP)I bit the bullet and restored my entire computer to factory. However, during installation a few files said Problem in Extracting process. I started over but it said it again...and the installation pressed on after I hit OK to the message..so I just let it finish installing. It all seems fine. Now its coming back to bite me.

The problems in install were:
Problem in Extracting Process: File:Windows/system32/initpki.dll.

Now when I try to run Itunes it says, DLL C:\Windows"system32:initpki.dll is not a valid windows image. Please check against installation diskette.
Itunes freezes and wont open.
I need to resolve this! Help!

Do I just buy a registry fixer program? I ran free scan from one of those and it found '200 plus problems and I dont know if this is bs or not.

Since Im dealing with those messages, might as well get input as to whether other ones that came up in rebuild will be problem if I keep rebuilding.

Problem in Extracting Process: Windows/13861/Lang/HWXKOR.dl
and same message for Windows/Lang/IMJP81k.dl
Then File: Problems in extracting process: FILE: CMPNENTS:/MEDIACTR/13861/PLUS.CAB
Then Problems with a few windows plus dancers files wmz
then Cyberlink DVD doesnt match registry

Please help. I just want my computer to work well.
and I downloaded versiontracker pro. Seemed like a good idea for drivers so when I tried to update Nividia driver for display...got scary message not tested for compatibility so I shut it. Did I waste my money on this? Thanks!!

Edited by srpesq, 29 December 2007 - 10:54 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Keithuk

Keithuk

• Members
  • 951 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:05 PM

Posted 29 December 2007 - 03:15 PM

You do know you have posted in the wrong forum, this is Windows 95/98. I suggest you repost in Windows XP Home and Professional. :thumbsup:

Edited by Keithuk, 29 December 2007 - 03:15 PM.

Keith

Windows ME (spare computer)
Windows XP 2002 Professional SP3 (desktop computer)
Windows 7 Professional SP1 32bit (laptop computer)

Windows 8 64bit spare drive for laptop computer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users