Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Online Game "Problem"

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 onlinegamer101

onlinegamer101

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:24 AM

Posted 28 February 2005 - 11:35 AM

I am trying to acces a Massively Multiplayer Online Rpg which I play, Tibia, at my school. I do not know what kind of connection the school runs on, but it is networked on many computers, obviously.

I believe the problem is that something is blocking acces to the port 7171, which is required to access the game.

All that the homepage says is required is --

For the Windows Version you need:
Windows 95/98/ME/XP/2000
DirectX version 5.0 or later
15 MB free space on your hard disk
A connection to the internet via Windows Sockets

Now, we are allowed to download anything to the C drive, we run on Windows XP, and I dl'ed DirectX 9. So, I guess the problem is my internet connection.

Does anyone know how/if I can/could unblock the access to that 7171 port?

Any suggestions? Im willing to try anything.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 paperghost

paperghost

• Members
  • 156 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2005 - 04:38 PM

First question is, are you actually allowed to play games on the school computers? All sounds a touch dicey to me.

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2005 - 12:57 AM

It may be school policy that certain ports are blocked. Check with your school system administrator about both whether you are allowed to play on-line games using the school computers, and whether the port can be unblocked. Chances are that the answer is "no" to both.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users