Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Not Sure What To Ask, So I Have A Picture.. Video Problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gettingbrowned

gettingbrowned

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 AM

Posted 29 December 2007 - 06:28 AM

Posted Image

I have no idea what the problem is. I'm thinking it might just be the fact that my computer is pretty old. I moved into the place I'm currently living and the previous tenant had thrown it out. It's a Gateway Solo 1450.

As you can see, I was using VLC player to play a .wmv file.. and this was the result. This happens all the time with various types of files. Instead of normal colors, the video is composed of bright, neon, psychedelic colors. I'm at a loss.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Chris

edit: Sorry if something similar has been asked.. i just had no idea how to phrase the problem. Hence, the picture.

Edited by gettingbrowned, 29 December 2007 - 06:32 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,532 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2007 - 07:21 PM

Looks like your display settings may be set too low.
Go to Control Panel, Display, Settings tab & check the color pallete. Looks like it might be set to 16 or 256 colors.
Set it higher & reboot. See if that takes care of it
In the beginning there was the command line.

#3 gettingbrowned

gettingbrowned
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2007 - 09:32 PM

Looks like your display settings may be set too low.
Go to Control Panel, Display, Settings tab & check the color pallete. Looks like it might be set to 16 or 256 colors.
Set it higher & reboot. See if that takes care of it

yeah thats where the problem lies... and i think it's because my computer is too old. I can't change the resolution or colors displayed... i tried downloading an updated driver but i cant even figure out what kind of video card is on this thing. it's a gateway 1450 solo. :thumbsup:

#4 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 PM

Posted 31 December 2007 - 12:08 AM

Here is a link to your drivers for the Gateway Solo 1450 http://support.gateway.com/support/drivers...+1450&st=kw
MCP
MSDST

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users