Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Psu

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,253 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 PM

Posted 29 December 2007 - 04:16 AM

Hello you brainiacs, I'm going to upgrade my PSU and I was wondering if OCZ is a good brand. I found THIS ONE at Tigerdirect. I know Antec, Thermaltake and Coolermaster are supposed to be good. I own a Antec now, 400w and things get a little jumpy on me sometimes.
So is this a good brand? I've never used them or know anybody who has... :thumbsup:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Lucky23

Lucky23

• Members
  • 304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:55 PM

Posted 29 December 2007 - 12:11 PM

It looks good and it has 4 12v rails pushing 18 amps each. And its also 80% efficient.

Neweeg has it for more money so i would still get it from tiger direct but newegg has really good reviews so i would just take a look at them.

OCZ 600
Centurion 5 Case~GA-P35-DS3L Rev2.0~E6550~EVGA 8800GS~3GB GSkill~Cooler Master 650 PRO~Seagate 320GB SATA II~ 2 ASUS 20X Burners~Sound Blaster Audigy SE~ZeroTherm CF900~Acer 22" P221W

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2007 - 03:11 PM

I've read reviews that said OCZ was pretty decent. I thought I read somewhere that it's actually a rebranded Seasonic
Mark

Edited by garmanma, 29 December 2007 - 03:13 PM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#4 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,253 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 PM

Posted 29 December 2007 - 10:31 PM

Thanks for the replys, I'm still checking some out. :thumbsup:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#5 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2007 - 10:51 PM

Seasonic and Sparkle both make excellent units
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users