Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Power Point

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 v123naqrroc

v123naqrroc

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 AM

Posted 29 December 2007 - 02:29 AM

I want to use Power point for a lecture and want to know how to get it only go on to the next screen when I click it or tell it to from a remote.
My minister uses this for his sermons but when I ask him he couldn't remember how it was set up. I've been to properties but don't seem to be find the correct place to change it.
:thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,696 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 PM

Posted 01 January 2008 - 11:51 PM

I have a few questions.

What version of Powerpoint do you use?

Did you ask your question because you created the slideshow and it automatically advances?

If so, did you create the slideshow from scratch or did you edit one that was already created?

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 v123naqrroc

v123naqrroc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 AM

Posted 02 January 2008 - 02:23 AM

I havn't done a program yet But I want to know how it's done as I hope to do a presentation in a short while.
P/P is from MS student & Teacher edition 2003

#4 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,696 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 PM

Posted 02 January 2008 - 01:41 PM

Hi there,

I think your version of PowerPoint is very similar to mine. (I'm not home right now to check the version). When I double-checked with mine last night, I found that by default you must click the mouse or use the pointer in order to advance the slides. If you wanted them to automatically change slides, then you would have to program it to do that. So you should have no problem with having the program do what you want in terms of advancing the slides.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#5 tajsimmons

tajsimmons

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 PM

Posted 21 January 2008 - 05:30 AM

v123

open your presentation

go to the 'slideshow' menu and choose "set up show"

make sure 'presented by a speaker' is ticked.

That way, the presentation, will only advance when you click a mouse or press a button on the keyboard - unless you've told it to 'advance automatically' after x seconds on the "slide transition" menu.

Cheers
TAJ Simmons
microsoft powerpoint mvp

Edited by tajsimmons, 21 January 2008 - 05:30 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users