Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Random App Memory Errors

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Tomo2

Tomo2

• Members
  • 402 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 PM

Posted 28 December 2007 - 11:29 PM

I'm having a strange problem with memory read errors.
They Pop up on various applications and with most I just click Cancel to debug and Dr. Watson32 Postmortem Debugger does his thing. But with some programs the problem persists every time I open it. For Example I get an error when opening RAM_XP.exe of RAM idLE I have had these programs for a long time and un-installed RAM idLE a while ago but the errors started when I re-installed it. Removing the program does not stop the errors but after debugging those errors then they go away. I have run a million different memory diagnostics at boot and reset the whole page file several times but to no avail. Below is the error i get when opening RAM idLE triggering RAM_XP.exe

Any help with this is greatly appreciated!

Tomo

[attachment=3201:error.JPG]

L&P, World Famous in New Zealand since ages ago!
Posted Image
Avast! Antivirus : Spybot S&D : Trend Micro Housecall : Hosts file : HiJack This
Don't be too open minded - your brains will fall out

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 madman6510

madman6510

• Members
  • 384 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 AM

Posted 29 December 2007 - 12:14 AM

If it's only that one program, take my suggestion: Don't use it! Most of the memory managers only work slightly, just enough to give you around a 1-5% performance boost.

#3 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,571 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:58 PM

Posted 29 December 2007 - 04:38 AM

I agree with madman6510. I'm extremely skeptical that any of these memory manager type programs actually provide any benefit.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#4 Tomo2

Tomo2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 402 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 PM

Posted 29 December 2007 - 06:23 PM

Yea i guess theres no point using it, so I won't. But I am still getting the odd error every now and again from programs like OE and Tweak XP pro, even explorer gets them! Just when you thinks they have gone away pop! you get an error. I can cope with this but it is a little annoying... :thumbsup:

L&P, World Famous in New Zealand since ages ago!
Posted Image
Avast! Antivirus : Spybot S&D : Trend Micro Housecall : Hosts file : HiJack This
Don't be too open minded - your brains will fall out

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users