Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem Syncing Movies To Ipod Touch

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jandcmcintyre

jandcmcintyre

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 AM

Posted 28 December 2007 - 05:40 PM

I cannot sync movies to my ipod touch. Movies were purchased from iTunes. Music syncs ok but iTunes stops after 40-50 songs are synced and I have to start again. Movies start to sync and then stop. Error message is "The disk could not be read from or written to." It seems like it may be a USB issue but it appears I do have USB 2.0 but am not 100% sure. The reason I believe we have USB 2.0 is based on info in the device manager that says "Standard enhanced PCI to USB host controller" which i understand indicates USB 2.0.

Have tried all basic suggestions on apple web site to no avail (ie reinstall itunes, reset ipod etc). Movies sync fine to my ipod classic.

Running Windows XP w/Service pack 2 on a 2yr old emachines

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jandcmcintyre

jandcmcintyre
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 AM

Posted 30 December 2007 - 11:48 AM

Well I was able to find a work around thanks to this board and apple's. It seems there is an issue with XP Media Center Edition and the iPod touch. When I transferred movies to my laptop that is running XP Home (and not the Media Center Edition) I was able to sync movies no problem. It was definitely not a USB problem.

Hope this saves someone else hours of searching

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users