Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Tried To Get An Original E-m Name At Yahoo !

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jove

Jove

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 PM

Posted 28 December 2007 - 03:19 PM

Yahoo offers a second mail box free, just try to get an original off the wall name, . . . I gave it a shot, . . . every name

I put in came back , That is already Taken, . . I started to get tired of that after awhile, and just started hitting keys with my

eyes closed, . . . !! Same thing, Thats already been taken, . . so I decided to see what or who was at the other end of the

names I chose, . . . all of them came back, MAILER-DAMEO., . . . What the !! I am figuiring they probably have a

computer generated name claim program or something !! I can't believe that, I just can't believe it ??

Is that Legal ?

Edited by Jove, 28 December 2007 - 03:21 PM.

When you don't have to worry about your computer anymore, you can start
living again !

vrwqzc.gif
Success is a result, not a goal. . . . Flaubert

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 INeedALittleHelp

INeedALittleHelp

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 AM

Posted 28 December 2007 - 03:27 PM

Yeah I had a similar problem with hotmail. I had an email account name and I didn't use it for a long time and when I tried to log back in it told me my account didn't exist anymore......so I tried to get that same email address and it wouldn't let me. It said that it was in use...it's very wierd and I tried to email the address and I got the same thing....

anybody know what's going on?

#3 Jove

Jove
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 PM

Posted 28 December 2007 - 05:59 PM

My opinion and is a guess, They have found a way to generate names, if I had to guess, again, I would not doubt that they accumulate passwords and other popular jargon, and slang into a program that generates word uses and spellings etc., . .
if you think about it it would be pretty easy, if you had the right source programs, like spelling, synonyms, opposites and so on.

This way you cant get accused of something illegal, if you generate a list of passwords that you don't use for any reason other than copyrighting, then store the list for sale later, it's no skin off their nose if someone has to use there real name
for an e-mail address.

You never know what there legal trade secrets are, but, if you did they would quickly become illegal.

I recall reserving web site names, I guess most of the time even some really strange names are used up, but, . . .
there was a time or two, that I had my real doubts, . . . . oh just a computer error, that said that really great name you just submitted is in use and purchased by someone else, . . . you can check to see who owns a name, sometimes there very hard to find, I myself personally would like the Federal government to bring some enforcible regulations to oversee, the conduct of these activities, where there could be some real documentation. That is people like you and I have congress deliberate safe guards to preserve our freedom of enterprise by preserving it.

I also recall the time that I was using the Delaware corporation laws to save a few trade names, private companies can reserve names, but they have to register them with the state, the registration protection last for thirty days, now that is for corporation names, however, the records, by what I would understand as the law, . . should last for seven years,
there are reasons for this, . . but if you were to call the state of Delaware, 31 days later, you would find out that the computers they use to store your reservation, has been wiped of that record and no print out exist.

If I had the bucks I would have sued the state for conspiracy to undermne the freedom of Enterprise, and I'd be quite rich today !

Say that someone killed you for that name, there would be no evidence of the motive !!!! :thumbsup:

Edited by Jove, 28 December 2007 - 06:07 PM.

When you don't have to worry about your computer anymore, you can start
living again !

vrwqzc.gif
Success is a result, not a goal. . . . Flaubert

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users