Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hardware Issues

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Turi

Turi

• Members
  • 316 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:59 PM

Posted 28 December 2007 - 02:01 PM

I have made this post in the other hardware forum, not sure where to put it.

My computer cannot find any hardware apart from kboard, mouse, monitor. Oh, and my router.

No speakers, the only sound is an internal blip.
No printers, when I try to add one I am told there is a spooler error or something.

A scan with AVG tells me that shell32 has been changed. I think I did that when I was going thru my startup list using a BC program recommendation.

System rest. has not worked for years. It just turns itself off. So there's nothing I can do there.

Please help. I need my printer asap cus we are about to book a flight and need to print the flight documentation. And some coursework I have to hand in.

Agh...Turi
Crazyness comes to those who wait

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,558 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:59 PM

Posted 28 December 2007 - 05:57 PM

Repair install and update drivers. I 'd try the driver update before moving on to the repair.

Update Those Drivers - http://www.cyberwalker.net/columns/aug00/310800.html

How to perform a repair installation of Windows XP if Internet Explorer 7 is installed - http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=917964

Louis

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,397 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 PM

Posted 28 December 2007 - 09:15 PM

Have you checked in the Device Manager to see if you have any problems? These would show up as yellow question marks or yellow triangles with exclamation marks in them. What is listed in other devices?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 Turi

Turi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 316 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:59 PM

Posted 05 January 2008 - 11:32 AM

Doesn't recognise any hardware. When I try to install the printer, it says printer spooler not working.
Crazyness comes to those who wait

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users