Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Should I Buy This Cpu

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 saltydog806

saltydog806

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 PM

Posted 28 December 2007 - 01:04 PM

I found the following used CPU's for sale. I need to know if they are a good buy and which is the better CPU for overclocking.

Core 2 Duo E6600 $170 has is being overclocked at 3.2ghz w/ 1.375v
Core 2 Duo E6700 $190 never overclocked

Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• BC Advisor
  • 10,317 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2007 - 01:21 PM

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16819115029

Manufacturer Warranty
Parts 3 years limited
Labor 3 years limited

did you get that new motherboard?
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#3 saltydog806

saltydog806
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2007 - 07:09 PM

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16819115029

Manufacturer Warranty
Parts 3 years limited
Labor 3 years limited

did you get that new motherboard?

Not yet, things got busy between the holidays, working (i'm a contractor and everyone wants everything done the week before the holiday LOL), and family. I think I've got it narrowed down and will post finalists soon. I thought I might find some good deals on used equipment at the different forums and thought this might be one. Since I haven't done my due diligence on CPU I am completly in the dark on CPU's. Locked multiplier, stepping, FPO/Batch # and what else is there that I don't even know enough to ask about? By the way I saw the same CPU at CLUBIT.com and it was a "go" version? I've got to study this stuff, all I know is that I don't know enough.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,545 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 PM

Posted 29 December 2007 - 08:31 AM

You are finding out that...there is research that should be done...before buying a system or components :thumbsup:.

Just take your time and ensure that you will be happy with whatever you ultimately decide to purchase.

Louis

#5 saltydog806

saltydog806
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2007 - 01:47 PM

I found the following used CPU's for sale. I need to know if they are a good buy and which is the better CPU for overclocking.

Core 2 Duo E6600 $170 has is being overclocked at 3.2ghz w/ 1.375v
Core 2 Duo E6700 $190 never overclocked

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for all the help. I do believe I will forgo the CPU at this time and consentrate on the selection and purchase of my MOBO. I will probably end up getting the Gigabyte GA-X38-DQ6 as soon as I can find some $$$ though I am open to suggestions. Does anyone know if MOBO price drops are in the near future? :trumpet: :thumbsup: :flowers:

http://www.gigabyte.us/Products/Motherboar...?ProductID=2599

Edited by saltydog806, 30 December 2007 - 02:06 PM.

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,545 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2007 - 02:06 PM

January is inventory-reduction month for any business with a calendar year-end for financial purposes (I was an accountant in my former life:).

Should be lots of computer items on sale from no through mid-Feb...just a guess.

Louis

#7 saltydog806

saltydog806
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2007 - 02:10 PM

January is inventory-reduction month for any business with a calendar year-end for financial purposes (I was an accountant in my former life:).

Should be lots of computer items on sale from no through mid-Feb...just a guess.

Louis

#8 quentin002

quentin002

• Banned
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2007 - 01:18 AM

should have some at this time

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users